By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft officially announced for Wii U

spurgeonryan said:

I am not paying 30 dollars for an indie game unless it goes to retail.

It went to retail for every other platform, I see no reason why the Wii U Edition will be any different.

Around the Network

Guys, it isn't digital only. A physical edition will be released at a later date.

You should add this to the OP.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Carl2291 said:
spurgeonryan said:

I am not paying 30 dollars for an indie game unless it goes to retail.

It went to retail for every other platform, I see no reason why the Wii U Edition will be any different.

It is going to retail.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

About time! My lil' bro's gonna be so happy!

I've played my fair share of Minecraft on PC so I don't see the need of buying it again for the Wii U

That said, I'm glad that it is finally coming to the Wii U because it makes a lot of sense

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

This will likely sell bucketloads on WiiU, great with the off-TV gaming as well. Great that MS makes it available for all fans also!

Imo £30 is an excellent way to kill hype and the general userbase wanting to buy it, especially given for an indie game that is on loads of other platforms, is cheaper and the other platforms have more updates/skins going for it (PC has practically everything for free and mods to boot). If they offered some extra content, Nintendo themed at that, they have a possible chance at selling with that price tag but I really feel it should be at least £20 if not £15. The game is practically 5 years old,

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Goodnightmoon said:
OneKartVita said:
$30?

Why are Nintendo console games so expensive...

And what has to do Nintendo with the price of Minecraft? Fast Racing Neo is gonna be released in 3 days for 15$ on the WiiU, Is clearly a choice of the developers.

I agree 30$ is an absurd price though.

I didn't say games made by Nintendo I said games on their console. And Nintendo are actually the worst culprit.  It's like the publishers know most of the fanbase are hardcore gamers thirsty for new titles due to the lack of releases and take advantage of that.  

$30?? Why do 3rd party games get more expensive when they release on the wiiu after they've been out forever? These dumb ass companies wonder why wiiu gamers don't buy them, when we see the same shit sitting next to it in the xbox or PlayStation shelves for less. I was going to pick this up for my kids, but no. They'll have to live with it on the ipad, I'm afraid.

OneKartVita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And what has to do Nintendo with the price of Minecraft? Fast Racing Neo is gonna be released in 3 days for 15$ on the WiiU, Is clearly a choice of the developers.

I agree 30$ is an absurd price though.

I didn't say games made by Nintendo I said games on their console. And Nintendo are actually the worst culprit.  It's like the publishers know most of the fanbase are hardcore gamers thirsty for new titles due to the lack of releases and take advantage of that.  

False, Iwata before his dead said most of the people with a WiiU had another gaming system, so those hardcore gamers with a single wiiu are actually a minority, making multiplatforms hard to sell there.

And Nintendo the worst culprit... why? I paid 32€ for Splatoon, 36 for Yoshi, 40 for SMM and 50 for Xenoblade Chronicles X this year. All complete and polished games without expensive dlcs to complete what should be already in the game. Can you tell me why is that so expensive on a gaming industry where you have to paid sometimes + 100$ (SWBattlefront) or even more (Evolve), or even pay several times for a single game (FFVII remake) to have a relatively complete experience?