By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

DakonBlackblade said:

I think Sony owns the publishing rights for the original FF VII, I might be wrong tough.

The only thing they own about FF VII is the original PS1 english translation ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
I didn't see anyone complaining about Xenosaga being episodic ...

FFVII wasn't episodic to begin with. . . .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

One episode will be only about you climbing all those fucking stairs in the Shinra Building.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I'll wait till more info is out but if it's episodic they can jog right on.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

fatslob-:O said:
I didn't see anyone complaining about Xenosaga being episodic ...

You know those were not episodic in the same sense as current episodic games. Don't bring in bs examples and think you're being clever. Xenosaga may have referred to each game as an episode, but they were each full games in their own right that just happened to act as direct sequels to one another. Not every game with a sequel is episodic, which people seem to be experts at confusing all of a sudden.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Stop ppl, nobody said its episodic, everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. Theres always misinformation on stuf translated from Japanese to begin with and theres no way in hell any FF game could ever work in an episodic format.

Would be funny if the official press release was actually wrong and lost in translation: http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/586/final-fantasy-vii-remake-showcased-at-playstation-experience

Highly unlikely...

Just need SE to clarify :O

The press-release says mult part series, not episodic. Mult part series could be Crisis Core, FF VII, Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children. The "each part its unique experience" bit makes this even more likely as you cant make FF VII any different from episode to episode cause itll always be the same system. Also the English press release is, most likely, still a translation, Japanese is very hard to translate. Can anyone who speak Japanese check the Japanese press release ?

watch it be like minecraft story mode, episode 1 on the disc and then the remaining episodes are digital with the season pass

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Square Enix seems pretty hell-bent on making me not want this...

DakonBlackblade said:
BasilZero said:

Would be funny if the official press release was actually wrong and lost in translation: http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/586/final-fantasy-vii-remake-showcased-at-playstation-experience

Highly unlikely...

Just need SE to clarify :O

The press-release says mult part series, not episodic. Mult part series could be Crisis Core, FF VII, Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children. The "each part its unique experience" bit makes this even more likely as you cant make FF VII any different from episode to episode cause itll always be the same system. Also the English press release is, most likely, still a translation, Japanese is very hard to translate. Can anyone who speak Japanese check the Japanese press release ?

Exactly. If it were episodic, then they would have said so. I hope they would clarify this soon.

Either the game is going to have huge FMV out the ass or SE is just horrible with their budget.