By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

fatslob-:O said:

Those specific games maybe sequels to the sub-series but I would very much call them spin-offs since they don't normally succeed the series itself ...

They arent spin off period

Around the Network

I really don't mind if the quality is still high. However, I hate waiting for episodes so I'll probably be waiting until everything is released in a single package before I decide to play the remake.

didnt think my hype could be killed so easily

the only way id be ok with this is if its split into 3 parts like the 3 discs were

if not, then square-enix is not going to like the backlash to this decision

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ruler said:
vivster said:
Looks like people should've wished for a remaster instead of a remake^^

The remaster came out yesterday

A port of a port is not a remaster.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PwerlvlAmy said:

the only way id be ok with this is if its split into 3 parts like the 3 discs were

Never underestimate the power of Square Enix

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Not sure what this exactly means, but if they split this game into full priced games for each episode, that would be terrible :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ruler said:

They arent spin off period

Yes they are ... 

Their only sequels to the sub-series, not successors to the main series ...

Theres a high probability somethign was lost in translation here, so lets not start thinking the worse yet. I dont see how FF VII could ever work as an episodic thing and Im pretty sure Square inst dumb enought to risk having 1 billion angry fans throwing stones at theyre HQ.

I knew it. Final Fantasy VII is too expensive for current gen. To fit all the content using current gen standards, they would need at last 3 double-layer blu-ray discs and an ultra mega budget. They won't take big risks.

PwerlvlAmy said:

SE has so many heavy hitters in the making, I don't think they give any shits about a bit of backlash against a game that's going to sell millions regardless.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.