By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

Ruler said:

it was

FF13,FF13x2,lightingreturns

One word for you, "spin-offs" ... 

And if we were to go off by your case, half of the mainline series would be considered episodic and that doesn't realistically reflect how the majority would see it ...

Around the Network

As somebody who quit the original due to....not liking it, this news is less impactful to me. I am still quite interested in the remake however, and would definitely prefer a single package to an episodic game.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Looks like people should've wished for a remaster instead of a remake^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Looks like people should've wished for a remaster instead of a remake^^

The remaster came out yesterday

I'm only going to buy this if I can get the full game and if I have to wait another year or two for the full version then so be it. Way to kill the hype Square Enix. Thanks a lot.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

I'm okay with that depending on price/model

BasilZero said:
Kowan said:

The episodic approach is not the only way to offer a multi part series to FF7, specially to ff7 where they already provided several entries with "unique experiences". I think they're remaking all FF7 games like Crisis core and maybe Dirge as they are all part of the story. Doing so also perfectly fits their statement of releasing a multi-part series, each having their own "unique experiences".

So yeah, better change that title as nothing has been confirmed yet.

This actually sounds more reasonable - probably didnt want to word it this way cause they didnt want to reveal a remake of Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus (would explain the "Unique" experience portion of the press release).

But this is gonna cause a backlash XD.

It's sad that everyone is already jumping on the speculation bandwagon. Not one word from Square said anything about FF7FR being episodic lol. But this backlash might also force Square to reveal more specific info and they may even reveal the remakes for Crisis Core and others. 

It will be fun to see the reactions of these people if ever Square reveals their plans on remaking the whole FF7 collection.

Those specific games maybe sequels to the sub-series but I would very much call them spin-offs since they don't normally succeed the series itself ...

If this means what i think it means then...

I dont understand the hate here, videogames are expensive to make. Gamers should blame themself for not supporting SE like they do with their call of duty and EA games.

Look at MGS5, the game could have been so much better would it be episodic. I would much rather have 2, 3 episodes than then the game just stoping or waiting forever like with FF15. SE sure knows better what they are doing than you.