By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

Will it be released like they did the .hack games or like the TellTales games?

Around the Network

Don't do this square enix. If you need an extra year or two, take them, but give us a whole game, goddamn it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

Somehow I doubt it.

We're talking about the company behind All The Bravest here.

That's not the way to judge the game publisher by it's shovelware seeing as how we can make a case against the rest of the industry ... 

SE easily has the best potential when it comes to output this generation ...

Square has demonstrated they have no compunctions about bleeding their fanbase for money, and this latest move sounds just like something they'd do; break up a game to charge more than standard price for it.

DevilRising said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
im just wondering if they release it in pieces, that means exploration and things of that nature is going to take a hit and the game is going to become that much more linear

Sadly this is to be expected. This isn't 90s or even 2000s Square we're talking about. It's modern Square. And this is the shitty modern age of gaming we live in.

They will fleece fans for a sub-par experience, and fans will pay out the ass for it anyway.

There is a lot of free roaming/exploration games in this modern age ya know. You should see a Square Enix game called Rise of The Tomb Raider.

Its hard to imagine an episodic game not being linear though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

this is not some indie game where they need the money from episode 1 to fund episode 2. Just release the whole game at the same time you idiots.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Yes, and this opens the possibility that  we might have to buy the extra content packaged in, in order to  play all the main story.  It wasn't said to be DLC after all.  I was about to go to sleep feeling great...ugh.

What DLC ? They have yet to announce that ... 

I think it's like this, the game is released in parts but they all have extra content added to them ...

It would have been better if they said DLC would be available as extra story if we chose to buy it.  Also I just realized, considering the size of this game, there's no way that many people will be waiting arond for each part to download via digital.  It would take far too long.  In that case, jeez are they actually considering FF7-2?

Aside of that, we really can't trust Nomura when it comes to story.  He's yet to prove himself as a story writer without Sakaguchi grounding him.  We'd get crap like AC or Dirge of Cerberus with Nomura having free reign.  Crisis Core was ok, but that was mostly Tabata.  Genesis was a very unnecessary character and that was all Nomura.

Lube Me Up

BasilZero said:
curl-6 said:

Square has demonstrated they have no compunctions about bleeding their fanbase for money, and this latest move sounds just like something they'd do; break up a game to charge more than standard price for it.

Can you post an example? Serious question.

All The Bravest.

AbbathTheGrim said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
im just wondering if they release it in pieces, that means exploration and things of that nature is going to take a hit and the game is going to become that much more linear

Even when we had the freedom to explore the world map there was a streamlined access to the places we could explore, limited to the car, Cid's airplane, etc.

It is all supposed to open up when you get the Highwind. I wonder how they will work all those things out, I mean, did they say there was an overworld?I can't remember.

I just dont get that if its indeed episodic in nature, i dont get how they'll let you backtrack and explore and everything of that nature

I feel to compensate for it being so massive in size that a lot of the towns,world map,exploration will be cut out of the game and it will be made in a more linear format such as you do the story and it then will take you to the area you need to go to,rather than being able to go there yourself 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

curl-6 said:

Let their fanbase determine that! They have their own minds to make up for! 

ALL businesses are in it to make money and their is practically no publisher that ISN'T considered innocent about doing questionable pricing/practices with their content as far as what the community was concerned about in the past ... 

curl-6 said:

Let their fanbase determine that! They have their own minds to make up for! 

ALL businesses are in it to make money and their is practically no publisher that ISN'T considered innocent about doing questionable pricing/practices with their content as far as what the community was concerned about in the past ... 

"Businesses exist to make money" doesn't justify them doing it in despicable ways.