By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The truth about PSX reactions: you are all spoiled and complain too much

melbye said:
Well excuse me for not getting hyped about games i played 20 years ago and VR which i can't use

You missed the point.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
As a huge PS4 fanboy I was disappointed by this years PSX.

A) Dropped the ball on backward compatibility.
B) No God of War IV
C) I'm sure there's a reason behind it but they've been teasing Crash for too long now without saying a word.

The conference itself was packed with games, but there weren't any real surprises and PSVR could have been marketed better.

My opinion isn't any more wrong than yours is right btw.

Yeah, I mean that isn't the point for the playstation experience,so your opinion is indeed based on something false, I hope gamer will know what to expect next year, but I guess it will last many more years before the average gamer knows e3 ≠ playstation experience

I do not intend to troll or anything, but doesn't that mean that the streaming part of PSX is just a "Sony Direct"?
I personally enjoyed PS (for what it was and what it is supposed to be), but it paled in comparison to last years, so therefore it was a "disappointment".

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Sprash said:
aLkaLiNE said:
As a huge PS4 fanboy I was disappointed by this years PSX.

A) Dropped the ball on backward compatibility.
B) No God of War IV
C) I'm sure there's a reason behind it but they've been teasing Crash for too long now without saying a word.

The conference itself was packed with games, but there weren't any real surprises and PSVR could have been marketed better.

My opinion isn't any more wrong than yours is right btw.

Yeah, I mean that isn't the point for the playstation experience,so your opinion is indeed based on something false, I hope gamer will know what to expect next year, but I guess it will last many more years before the average gamer knows e3 ≠ playstation experience

Really? Not the point? Then why was it shown there? Why was there a 20+ minute segment devoted *only* to PSVR? Was the point just to show us everything we already knew in one grand trailer on a big screen? Because that does not make sense.  PSX is supposed to be the end of the year hurrah celebrating Playstations success and part of that hype comes from the fact that big conferences like these are really one of the best places to inform your userbase about what they have to look forward to.  You really think Sony is spending this much on marketing for the hell of it?

This year has been amazing for my gaming tastes. Sure, I sit through sleep inducing CoD/BF/Destiny section, but I get Ni No Kuni II so I am satisfied. This year's E3 was so mind blowing (FF VIIR/Shenmue III/TLG) that no other show really had a chance.

Around the Network

Things like Pax and Tokyo Game Show, and gamescom are also fanservice as fans are allowed in. And PSX is not 100% fanservice. None of these events are. Sure it really is cool on Sony's part but make no mistake it's not 100% out of their heart, they're trying to convince you to buy their games and VR when they release so business is still going on. Besides, saying that there are tournaments, diverse booths and tons of info after the press conference is true of E3 and Gamescom, yet we're allowed to say we're disappointed in those without being called ignorant.

The business doesn't support enough studios making big first party efforts to keep people happy as it is. If they announced more stuff at PSX, it would mean less stuff ready to premiere at E3, and then everyone would say that their E3 sucked. Nobody makes enough new stuff in the AAA category to fill even 2 conferences, let alone 3 or 4. Hell even E3 has a bunch of filler and indies to fill the time.

Considering that, I think they should cancel any live coverage of PSX and make it purely a gaming convention/fan engagement event.

the only real truth about the PSX is some thought it wasnt very good and others thought it was very good

~FIN~

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

ps3-sales! said:

I am very disappointed in gamers reactions to PSX; specifically on this site. Between people calling it a huge letdown of a conference to ratings of 2/10 and the likes.... Its honestly a bit ridiculous. 

Now, let me preface this by saying you are indeed allowed to have your own opinion. Even if it's wrong.

And opinion about a subjective matter can't be wrong.

Let me give you guys some knowledge. PSX is not E3. It's not PAX. Its not Tokyo game show. Ect...

PSX is 100% fan service. Its not meant for huge blockbuster game announcements. Frankly, announcing huge games at the start of December's holiday season is a terrible business move that takes attention off the games that are already released and carrying the sales through Christmas. 

Then make it actually seem like that as well (and to make it clear, I'm talking about the keynote). Don't say stuff like "If we're starting with UC4, imagine what we're gonna show next!" When all you're gonna show next is a bunch of indie games, a bunch of VR stuff and a few trailers for stuff we already knew about.

PSX is meant for fun. A cool little in between fan requested event that is supposed to be fun. 

If you only watched the 1.5 hour conference on a stream and judge the entire event based off that? You are ignorant. The event is two days jam packed with SO much more than just the conference. 

You are ignorant if you think the people complaining about the keynote are complaining about the event as a whole. I thought that was pretty obvious? Do you expect us to speak our minds about the rest of the event when we weren't present?

Basically; I'm not trying to attack you guys. Its not really your fault that you are ignorant. But unless you actually come to the event and have a great time with video games all around then you shouldn't look down upon the event with false expectations based off a keynote that you wanted to be like E3. 

Once again, people aren't complaining about the event as a whole, only the keynote. Even though a thread may say "How do you rate PSX?" it isn't hard to understand that it's the keynote people are talking about. Because that's the thing most of us get to see. We aren't there for the entire thing. We only get to see the keynote.

Comments are in bold.

Other than that, here's the really simple thing they could've done to make the keynote not dissapointing: Shorten it down. Make it 1 hour instead of 1 hour and 45 minutes. Better yet, make it 30 minutes. Don't have a nearly 2 hour long keynote when you have nothing big to reveal.

I think the MAIN gripe I had was the Backward compatibility fiasco. They dropped the fucking ball man. We were being teased like a month before the event, had an employee pull us around by a chain and leading us toward certain conclusions... and idk. It didn't go down how I liked it and that kind of ruined PSX going in.

On paper, you look at the whole thing abstractly and no, the conference wasn't bad - There were some nice new trailers of big games in there, Ni No Kuni 2 looks great and Paragon is definitely interesting. But to me, I'm still thinking about how much better it would've been if we had disc based PS2 emulation. That would have knocked things out of the park, the kind of announcement that really does deserve its own special podium in a major conference. So far Sony has been nearly flawless in their strategy for the 8th generation. They've basically played their competitors to great success. To see them stumble here, right now... I just had my expectations too high.