By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 is 'even more ambitious than we planned' - CD Projekt Red

HoloDust said:
Hopefully there won't be heavily defined main character like Geralt, I prefer to see more of a 'create your own hero' approach to give it more choices and replayability.

Furthermore, In an ideal world (of mine) we'd have it as MMO.

PS That first OP pic looks almost...romantic.

CU......or CF ?

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
MS exclusive? Rawr.

Yeah if they want to kill the franchise from launch.

He already said that even though the witcher did well (on 3 platforms) it didnt do a massive success that they would hope for... they are saying that this game is already bigger in scope.... I guess they are trying to emulate the bigger Ubisoft/EA titles with 8m+. That's not going to happen on a single platform.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Looking forward to this game, but I think we won't see anything until 2017.

JEMC said:
Cyberpunk 2077 is a game I'm very interested in part because it's a radical departure from the settings of The Witcher saga. I hope they can pull it off.

But, hearing them talk more about salese than quality makes me worry a little bit. They should keep going the quality route and sales will follow. Besides, it's not lik The Witcher 3 sold poorly.

Yeah, talking big talk about sales from them worries me as well...but, it's not like they don't have sort of a history of reckless statements.

But, as much as I love the 2077 setting, good luck to them with hoping for Bethesda commercial level of success with cyberpunk themed game.

I just hope they take their time with it and make it the best possible game both visually and gameplay wise and don't hinder it in the process. Their talk of sales is a bit worrying though, they should focus on the project and quality first. Also I really don't want either of the other two platforms screwing around with it deal or DLC wise.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

It will be interesting to see what they can do while creating original content, although this is also based on a pre-existing universe. But Cyberpunk, not sure if that's going to be all that popular. Remember me didn't make any waves.

HoloDust said:
JEMC said:
Cyberpunk 2077 is a game I'm very interested in part because it's a radical departure from the settings of The Witcher saga. I hope they can pull it off.

But, hearing them talk more about salese than quality makes me worry a little bit. They should keep going the quality route and sales will follow. Besides, it's not lik The Witcher 3 sold poorly.

Yeah, talking big talk about sales from them worries me as well...but, it's not like they don't have sort of a history of reckless statements.

But, as much as I love the 2077 setting, good luck to them with hoping for Bethesda commercial level of success with cyberpunk themed game.

I do think they can have Bethesda kind of success. After all, The Witcher 3 is their first game launched on PC and both Sony and MSoft consoles and it has managed to sell at least 6 million copies. Not bad for the third part of a series that never before launched on a Sony console.

With Cyberpunk they won't have that problem, plus they are now more known and with the game set in the future, it's completely different than The Witcher 3.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
HoloDust said:

I do think they can have Bethesda kind of success. After all, The Witcher 3 is their first game launched on PC and both Sony and MSoft consoles and it has managed to sell at least 6 million copies. Not bad for the third part of a series that never before launched on a Sony console.

With Cyberpunk they won't have that problem, plus they are now more known and with the game set in the future, it's completely different than The Witcher 3.

Hm, Bethesda level of comercial success...Bethesda deliberately dumbed down their IPs to get there...their fall (in RPG terms) from Morrowind to Skyrim is pretty much the same as their rise in popularity with mainstream audience - not so sure CDPR are willing to do that to the same degree.

But even if they go that way (hopefuly that will never happen, the last thing c/W/RPG fans need is another dev going full retard), 2077 setting alone is a big obstacle for Bethesda level of comercial success - cyberpunk is quite niche genre after all.

But if they use Witcher 3 engine and make another Sword & Sorcery setting that is bit less story oriented and bit more 'make your own hero', I can completely see that game getting the sales they aim for.

Chazore said:

I just hope they take their time with it and make it the best possible game both visually and gameplay wise and don't hinder it in the process. Their talk of sales is a bit worrying though, they should focus on the project and quality first. Also I really don't want either of the other two platforms screwing around with it deal or DLC wise.

Just out of curiosity, do you mind a marketing deal? No exclusive or timed exclusive DLC, just marketing? Like PS with CoD minus the 30 days timed exclusive dlc, and like MS with The Witcher, Fallout 4 and DA:I? The way I see it, it hurts no one, but benefits the publisher (they get a part of the cost covered). So what is the issue with it?

Teeqoz said:
Chazore said:

Just out of curiosity, do you mind a marketing deal? No exclusive or timed exclusive DLC, just marketing? Like PS with CoD minus the 30 days timed exclusive dlc, and like MS with The Witcher, Fallout 4 and DA:I? The way I see it, it hurts no one, but benefits the publisher (they get a part of the cost covered). So what is the issue with it?

I can't say I;m fond of them, sure we've always had those deals for years nd years but now of all times marketing deals seem to be getting awfully deceptive in terms of really trying to censor out info on what platforms said game is on, I've browsed both the X1, PS4 and Wii U channels to find people now and then asking "is this on X/Y console?", "Is this only on X console?", "is this on PC?". In the end I find that type of marketing to be somewhat destructive since it's clearly designed to make you think it's only on one platform where they only show your their logos and thus you go out and grab said platform, I find that it;s better to have logo less marketing to allow consumers to make their own decisions based on what they see, not what one logo they see (because that kills any choice if they are not aware of what other plats the game is touching and there are a plethora of people that are like that).

The other part I don't like is when PC gets some trailers which usually feature no logos (since PC isn't corp owned and thus you often see not only the PC/Steam logo but all the other plats as well most of the time), this gen though we are getting a mixture of X1 and PS logos popping up for marketing that's aiming at PC and the last thing they want to see is a console logo (I've been to a few sites and that's usually a thing to be pointed out that the logos from those systems really shouldn't be there and can easily be cropped out and aren't).

The deal with exclusive DLC does also irk me because it's another destructive way of causing an imbalance between the same consumers that you seek to make money from, unless all plats get a fair share of their own unique DLC then I'd consider that square and don't mind it (Though Rocket league leave PC out of having anything Unique while Sega at least gave PC TF2 characters for Sega racers and Super Time force gave PC valve characters as recent examples).

Also the marketing deals MS went with weren't really all that successful, I mean I saw more of Fallout 4 ads than any other this year, hell Sony had an ad that featured Geralt and the games name in their own and I managed to catch that on TV once and on the net. Still though I would prefer marketing without the deception, just show us the game and let us know what plats it's on, everyone wins, no one is deceived.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"