By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - [Anime] whats your top 10 series right now

naruball said:
Mystro-Sama said:
naruball said:
Mystro-Sama said:

1. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Pretty much flawless in my eyes. It's the embodiment of everything I want in an anime. Fluid animations for it's masterful fights and a really good story to go along with it. And it's either one or the other with most shounen, good fights or good story. HxH has both. Some of the best characters in anime as well. It's also pretty serious about sticking to the manga like FMA:B. It's dark and doesn't shy away from certain things unlike most shounen. To think I never expected much of this when I just started watching it, no soon after that was I hooked.

Wathed the 1st season (2011) and was unimpressed. I found the fights absolutely terrible, the main character's weapon just bad and the episodes average. I liked the mind games but I thought the anime would be a better fit for one in his early teens. My question is, does it get better? Or if you love it so much, does it changed after the 1st season? For example, I heard that's the case with One Piece so I'll give that a chance.

Hope you don't find this offensive. Just not my cup of tea so far.

Where exactly did you stop? Because the first arc is the transitional period before shit starts getting real.

I think it was episode 13. They passed the tower challenge.

Oh come on that was just the beginning, you didn't even scratch the surface. Go back and watch it to AT LEAST the Heaven's Arena arc.

And Gon hardly ever uses the fishing pole. lol

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Ljink96 said:

Good choices! I love Inuyasha!

1.) Dragon Ball

2.) Inuyasha

3.) Avatar: The Last Airbender

4.) Lupin III

5.) Ranma 1/2

6.) Kiba

7.) Full Metal Alchemist

8.) One Piece

9.) The Legend of Korra

10.) The Woman Called Fujiko Mine ~Pretty sick stuff goes on in this one XD

Don't think bolded counts as anime?

Just because it wasn't made in Japan? I certainly wouldn't qualify it as a general "American Cartoon" like Spongebob. 

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

You say it's average but name just a single other Manga that has so many awesome female warriors in it.

Freezing.

Please, that's merely a handful. Try 50. And don't say Koihime Musou.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

naruball said:

Just wanted to say, thanks a ton for this! It helps a lot. I wish I had never watched DBZ/Naruto/Bleach and Agame GaKill because I find myself being unimpressed with every fight scene in all the other anime I watch. But you're right. It's a completely different kind, so I definitely had the wrong mindset. Still a fishing rod as a weapon? Eh...

No worries. I love me some shonen action too, but I think Hunter x Hunter really needs to be watched through a different lens. I remember it being kind of a slow burn for me too...I was mostly watching it because a friend talked it up constantly, so I knew it would go in a more serious direction later on. I thought the biggest appeal for me was the character relationships over the fights, though the suspense and some of the dark themes later on also kept me engaged.

The fishing rod is definitely an odd weapon...but I like to think of it as Gon's connection to his childhood on Whale Island. As he grows up and becomes a more powerful Hunter, you stop seeing it, with a few expections here or there (I can only recall him using it once after the Exam arc, but I might be wrong about that).

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I watched first 40 inuyasha episodes it's a good anime but nothing special in it for me.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Teeqoz said:

Don't think bolded counts as anime?

Just because it wasn't made in Japan? I certainly wouldn't qualify it as a general "American Cartoon" like Spongebob. 

Hey, I'm not an anime elitist, my list, if I can include TLA and TLOK would still only have three titles (SAO is the last one). I was just curious, because afaik, the western definition of anime is animation from Japan.

If they do count as anime, here's my list:

1. Avatar: The Last Airbender

2. Sword Art Online (and yes, I pretend like the second arc doesn't exist. Season 2 was okay though.)

3. The Legend of Korra

EDIT: Heh, just remember that my current avy is Korra, so don't worry mate, I have nothing against TLOK or TLA

Shadow1980 said:
Is this current favorites or all-time favorites? And do movies & OVAs count as well or is this just TV anime?

Most people are including TV animes, but i dont think placing movies in your list wouldn't count. 

You can also put a seperate list for the movies. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hmmm this'll be difficult. (In no particular order):

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Samurai Bebop. I mean Champloo
3. Ghost in the Shell
4. Escaflowne
5. Trigun
6. Full Metal Alchemist
7. Broken Blade
8. The Record of Lodoss War
9. Darker than Black
10. One-Punch Man

I am sure many of you are younger, but you shold definitely check out some of these anime as they are epic.

hershel_layton said:
Does no one like Death Note? I feel as if i'm the only person who enjoyed it.

I like it, is just not in my top ten anymore.

2 years ago when i did this thread, there was a lot more people that put death note in the top ten. 

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

naruball said:
Mystro-Sama said:

1. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Pretty much flawless in my eyes. It's the embodiment of everything I want in an anime. Fluid animations for it's masterful fights and a really good story to go along with it. And it's either one or the other with most shounen, good fights or good story. HxH has both. Some of the best characters in anime as well. It's also pretty serious about sticking to the manga like FMA:B. It's dark and doesn't shy away from certain things unlike most shounen. To think I never expected much of this when I just started watching it, no soon after that was I hooked.

Wathed the 1st season (2011) and was unimpressed. I found the fights absolutely terrible, the main character's weapon just bad and the episodes average. I liked the mind games but I thought the anime would be a better fit for one in his early teens. My question is, does it get better? Or if you love it so much, does it changed after the 1st season? For example, I heard that's the case with One Piece so I'll give that a chance.

Hope you don't find this offensive. Just not my cup of tea so far.

I was expecting something too, i watched the 1999 all the way to 2004 hunter x hunter G.I. final. this is my rating.

98.hunter x hunter (7)

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, tournament

Themes: assassins, revenge, special abilities

hunter x hunter oav (7)

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, thriller

Themes: assassins, organized crime, revenge, special abilities

hunter x hunter greed island (6.5)

Genres: adventure, fantasy

Themes: developing powers, survival game, virtual reality

hunter x hunter G I final (6)

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy

Themes: developing powers, survival game, virtual reality

I'm going to wait on the 2011 since is not finish yet.

The characters that i like are: kurapica and killua.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)