By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - [Anime] whats your top 10 series right now

Errr I hate ranking lists, let's do this instead

Godlike (too many... too many I need to see again and again, and they're not ranked in any order of preference)

• GTO
  • Elfen Lied
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Gundam Wing (I still get goosebumps hearing just the first 4 secs of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljXFL4dyDIk)
  • Gundam 00
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 
  • Noein (so underrated it hurts)
  • Vandread (one of the funniest shit I've seen)
  • Excel Saga (the funniest shit I've ever seen)
  • Darker Than Black 
  • Evangelion
  • Noir !!! NOIR
  • Full Metal Alchemist
  • Psycho Pass
  • Paranoia Agent (this is very special, my kind of special)
  • Death Note
  • Black Lagoon
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Monster
  • Zatch Bell (thanks to the poster below me, awesome anime!)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh (first)
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Esclaflowne
  • Ranma 1/2
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Code Geass (this needs a 3rd season)

Awesome :

• Break Blade
  • Unlimited Blade Works (Fate/Stay)
  • Mirmo
  • Tora Dora
  • Golden Boy
  • Macross
  • Mushishi
  • Kannagi
  • Mirrai Nikki
  • Inuyasha
  • Ga Rei Zero
  • Nobunaga the Fool

Around the Network

1-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2-Dragon Ball
3-Shaman King
4-Neon Genesis Evangelion
5-Pokémon Battle Advanced
6-Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
7- Zatch Bell!
8-Avatar: The Last Airbender (japanese inside)
9-Naruto (not Shippuden)

Now it's nine due to One Punch Man's upcoming entrance but since the first season isn't ended yet I can't really place it in the list. Keep in mind that a good 60% of the list is motivated by childhood.

motivations:
1-watch it and try not to ask for another season
2-It's over 9000 (episodes)
3-Childhood+good concept+weareYohinside+damnopening
4-Mind=blown
5-I suggest it only if you're italian because the opening we got is classified as one of the best in history, like seriously I can listen to it for 9 days and I'll still get goosebumps.
6-Childhood+firstwaifusintensifies
7-Amazing Concept, it was part of my childhood too but looking back it really was good, sometimes it happens to me to think about some of the jokes that were made in this anime and to laugh for a very long time. It's a shame that it ended as we all know ç_ç
8-Everything screams Japan (actually more China tbqh) ok ? ok!
9-it was promising before Shippuden, still the story is good.

Super_Boom said:
TheGamer95 said:
1. One Piece
2. One Piece
3. One Piece
4. One Piece
5. One Piece
6. One Piece
7. One Piece
8. One Piece
9. One Piece
10. Dragon Ball

Too much Dragonball on this list. 

i know right

naruball said:
Mystro-Sama said:

1. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Pretty much flawless in my eyes. It's the embodiment of everything I want in an anime. Fluid animations for it's masterful fights and a really good story to go along with it. And it's either one or the other with most shounen, good fights or good story. HxH has both. Some of the best characters in anime as well. It's also pretty serious about sticking to the manga like FMA:B. It's dark and doesn't shy away from certain things unlike most shounen. To think I never expected much of this when I just started watching it, no soon after that was I hooked.

Wathed the 1st season (2011) and was unimpressed. I found the fights absolutely terrible, the main character's weapon just bad and the episodes average. I liked the mind games but I thought the anime would be a better fit for one in his early teens. My question is, does it get better? Or if you love it so much, does it changed after the 1st season? For example, I heard that's the case with One Piece so I'll give that a chance.

Hope you don't find this offensive. Just not my cup of tea so far.

Where exactly did you stop? Because the first arc is the transitional period before shit starts getting real.

vivster said:
Jranation said:
To everyone that puts Nichijou in their Top 10..... Good Job! I laughed the fuck out of that anime. Its the best comedy anime i have watched so far (Watamote comes second) and it was close to my top 10.

Everyone with Nichijou in their Top 10 has not seen Azumanga Daioh :P

^ good point! I haven't watched it but the only times i see scenes from it are from amvs. And yeah they are hilarious! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Does no one like Death Note? I feel as if i'm the only person who enjoyed it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Mystro-Sama said:
naruball said:
Mystro-Sama said:

1. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Pretty much flawless in my eyes. It's the embodiment of everything I want in an anime. Fluid animations for it's masterful fights and a really good story to go along with it. And it's either one or the other with most shounen, good fights or good story. HxH has both. Some of the best characters in anime as well. It's also pretty serious about sticking to the manga like FMA:B. It's dark and doesn't shy away from certain things unlike most shounen. To think I never expected much of this when I just started watching it, no soon after that was I hooked.

Wathed the 1st season (2011) and was unimpressed. I found the fights absolutely terrible, the main character's weapon just bad and the episodes average. I liked the mind games but I thought the anime would be a better fit for one in his early teens. My question is, does it get better? Or if you love it so much, does it changed after the 1st season? For example, I heard that's the case with One Piece so I'll give that a chance.

Where exactly did you stop? Because the first arc is the transitional period before shit starts getting real.

I think it was episode 13. They passed the tower challenge.

hershel_layton said:

It's good but overrated ... 

Super_Boom said:
naruball said:

If you're only willing to watch HxH like a typical shonen action anime, you'll probably be unimpressed. It's a lot more unique than anything I've ever watched. There really isn't a base 'power level' and 1-on-1 fights are very rarely a big focus...though I still found myself constantly at the edge of my seat. The story would shift so fast, I found myself completely unable to predict what would happen next. It's something I really found a breath of fresh of air in the genre, when it feels like so many shows tend to be very predictable, or are simply trying to mimic other popular manga/anime.

The Chimera Ant arc of the 2011 anime is one of my favorite anime arcs ever for that same reason. There was one scene in particular that gave me chills. The entire arc was building up this group of monsters, but a certain event happens and you realize just how much worse humanity is. The narrator segues into this sad monologue, and shows all these victims of war, and these incredibly graphic images. I remember just being speechless...it was as if I wasn't even watching an anime any more.

Regarding the level of audience maturity you mentioned...let me just say that's something that definitely changes. There are some incredibly graphic scenes later on, one of which I had to stop watching it was so intense. And this is from someone who reads/watched Attack on Titan, for reference. I wouldn't say that was a plus for me; just a clarification for you. It definitely isn't something I'd recommend to younger anime fans.

I wouldn't say HxH is my favorite shonen anime, but it's easily one of the ones that stands out the most. My biggest gripe with it is how long it's taken for the author to update...and also all the freaking traps (that's just personal preference though).

Edit: Covering up some vague spoilers....just in case that's big deal to anyone reading it.

Just wanted to say, thanks a ton for this! It helps a lot. I wish I had never watched DBZ/Naruto/Bleach and Agame GaKill because I find myself being unimpressed with every fight scene in all the other anime I watch. But you're right. It's a completely different kind, so I definitely had the wrong mindset. Still a fishing rod as a weapon? Eh...

hershel_layton said:

Easily the best one I've watched. For me it's on a league of its own. The kind of anime that even people who hate anime would love (got plenty of friends who ahve told me so).