By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2007 was the best xbox line up ever.

AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

Do you honestly think Sales make up the entire profit of a game? What about Toys, Accessories, Hardware, Digital etc. There are many ways to make profit then phyical sales. Never base a games success based off its phyical sales because Sales can be misleading. MS could sell Halo 5 for $3 for years and say they  
sold 50m units. Does that make it successful?

Bro, stop LOL

Seriously, you are just discussing just for the sake of it. Xbox fans have to deal with the fact that their most popular franchises are not so popular anymore. Forza 6, Halo 5 and the upcoming Gears 4 are/will be proof of it.

Yeah it's just arguing for the sake of it by now. 2007 wins had down.  Most people accept this but you'll never convince them all.  Ah well. 

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

Do you honestly think Sales make up the entire profit of a game? What about Toys, Accessories, Hardware, Digital etc. There are many ways to make profit then phyical sales. Never base a games success based off its phyical sales because Sales can be misleading. MS could sell Halo 5 for $3 for years and say they  

Bro, stop LOL

Seriously, you are just discussing just for the sake of it. Xbox fans have to deal with the fact that their most popular franchises are not so popular anymore. Forza 6, Halo 5 and the upcoming Gears 4 are/will be proof of it.

Why because your wrong? So physical game sales arent as great as they use to be. Arent most exclusives under selling? Unless its a 3rd party game or a multiplat i havent seen any great AAA exclusives passing amazing numbers unless it has Nintendo on it.

The fact your comparing sale figures under the topic of Best Line-up is where you fail with your debate. Let me give you an example, you have a Football team that has finially fielded its best line-up of players, yet they havent won the championship, because you can have the best team and not win the game. Xbox's 2015 line-up is the best line-up its ever had, it didnt conquar the sales or review charts does not mean its not the best line-up. I happily admit that 2007 had the quality games but its not the best line-up. And poor decisions to include a bunch of weak japanese games that not only proves this debate useless, but they to under sold and reviewed mediocre.

Lets use your logic agasint you.

Forza 6 is the highest reviewed next gen Racing game on the market, closeest racing game to beat it is Forza Horizon 2 from last year..

Disagree all you want.

To top it off, i am a PC gamer telling you this.

Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

Bro, stop LOL

Why because your wrong? So physical game sales arent as great as they use to be. Arent most exclusives under selling? Unless its a 3rd party game or a multiplat i havent seen any great AAA exclusives passing amazing numbers unless it has Nintendo on it.

The fact your comparing sale figures under the topic of Best Line-up is where you fail with your debate. Let me give you an example, you have a Football team that has finially fielded its best line-up of players, yet they havent won the championship, because you can have the best team and not win the game. Xbox's 2015 line-up is the best line-up its ever had, it didnt conquar the sales or review charts does not mean its not the best line-up. I happily admit that 2007 had the quality games but its not the best line-up. And poor decisions to include a bunch of weak japanese games that not only proves this debate useless, but they to under sold and reviewed mediocre.

Forza 6 is the highest reviewed next gen Racing game on the market, closeest racing game to beat it is Forza Horizon 2 from last year..

Disagree all you want.

The "Best Line-Up" argument is behind me.

You are the one saying that Halo is more popular NOW than ever, which is not true. At all.

P.D. I forgot that Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5 achieved record digital sales near 99%.

AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

Bro, stop LOL

Disagree all you want.

You are the one saying that Halo is more popular NOW than ever, which is not true. At all.

P.D. I forgot that Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5 achieved record digital sales near 99%.

Dude you dont have to outsell the predessor to account for a growing franchise. Halo has only grown more and more over the years not less and less. Halo 5 racked in a record $400m+ revenue increase for the franchise, that doesnt mean the brand got smaller but only bigger. Its not always about the physical game sales. Halo today has alot more merhandice, TV series, Hardware, Toys,  Microtransactions, TV coverage etc. Its alot bigger today then the Halo 3 days. Halo 5 might not be the most successful selling game in the series but the franchise itself is the BIGGEST its ever been. Its not hard to understand this.

Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

Bro, stop LOL

Disagree all you want.

Dude you dont have to outsell the predessor to account for a growing franchise. Halo has only grown more and more over the years not less and less. Halo 5 racked in a record $400m+ revenue increase for the franchise, that doesnt mean the brand got smaller but only bigger. Its not always about the physical game sales. Halo today has alot more merhandice, TV series, Hardware, Toys,  Microtransactions, TV coverage etc. Its alot bigger today then the Halo 3 days. Halo 5 might not be the most successful selling game in the series but the franchise itself is the BIGGEST its ever been. Its not hard to understand this.

I didnt see Microsoft accounting the price of the CONSOLE to bump up the $$$ for Halo 3 just for PR tho.

Again, how can a franchise "grow more and more" and be "more popular" by selling LESS AND LESS?

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

I didnt see Microsoft accounting the price of the CONSOLE to bump up the $$$ for Halo 3 just for PR tho.

Again, how can a franchise "grow more and more" and be "more popular" by selling LESS AND LESS?

Just to back you up.  He's claiming forza 6 as a pro for this year but in 2007 they had forza 2 and PGR!  As I keep saying this is no longer a debate.  2007 wins hands down. 

AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:

Because the franchise is making more and more money. Why is it hard for you to understand? So does that mean Gran Turismo is less popular becaused it failed to sell better then GT5? Is Mario less of a franchise because 3D World failed to outsell Galaxy. Halo 5 didnt outsell Halo 3 BUT the franchise is in another league in 2015 compared to 2007.

Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:

Because the franchise is making more and more money. Why is it hard for you to understand? So does that mean Gran Turismo is less popular becaused it failed to sell better then GT5? Is Mario less of a franchise because 3D World failed to outsell Galaxy. Halo 5 didnt outsell Halo 3 BUT the franchise is in another league in 2015 compared to 2007.

As a videogame franchise yes, they are now less popular than ever. And that includes Gran Turismo.

As i dont live in the US, i dont know if the Master Chief figurine has been bundled with the Happy Meal of Mc Donalds as a toy, nor the TV series. Im talking specifically as a videogame franchise.

You want a franchise peaked in popularity?

Uncharted Drakes Fortune - 4.88m

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 6.65m

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception - 6.76m

More and more and more, which means: MORE POPULAR.

AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:

As a videogame franchise yes, they have been less popular than ever. And that includes Gran Turismo.

As i dont live in the US, i dont know if the Master Chief figurine has been bundled with the Happy Meal of Mc Donalds as a toy, nor the TV series. Im talking specifically as a videogame franchise.

The facts don't lie!  I think this is the first time I've ever heard it argued that a gaming franchise is more popular when it's seen a massive decline in sales.  

AEGRO said:
Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:

As a videogame franchise yes, they have been less popular than ever. And that includes Gran Turismo.

I am talking as a franchise hence why MS stick to there claim as the Biggest Line-up in Xbox history. Because there franchises are at a peak in terms of popularity. Again Game sales dont tell the full story.

Your comparison is a wrong way at looking at things. Selling a game depends on alot of things. How do you know that UC3 wasnt extremly bundled and advertised or given away or sold cheap to achieve higher sales to UC2?  If you want to judge a game for its popularity by reading sales then go for it.

As a franchise Halo is bigger then ever FACT and expect Halo 6 to continue the tread even further.  

I daubt UC4 will push the same numbers as UC3, if it doesnt then i guess the franchise has fallen to a new low judging by your logic.

Halo 1 - 6m

Halo 2 - 8m

Halo 3 - 12m

Halo 4 - 10m (Flopped because it didnt outsell Halo 3) < Your logic.