By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Protendo said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Protendo said:

It's always been partially normalized.

how so? The consoles have actually risen today a few spots. 

This is a good article to start with.  

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-things-people-dont-know-amazons-bestsellers-rank-sales-rank/

yes I get how the list work, I am just not seeing any major changes in the top 20 relative to performance during the sale period and now.

Ok I did notice one thing. SW BF Bundle has risen 8-10 spots as has the 3 games XB1 bundle. So its possible the top SKUs are shredding some sales to the others now the value disparity has been reduced. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
Protendo said:

It's always been partially normalized.

It sounds like you are saying the consoles should go down.   Remember the placement on the chart of any item only shows it position relative to higher items.  If everything is falling at the sale rate, the positions won't change.  So if a  item rises in ranks it downs mean sales have gone up. It only means it sales are higher relative to other products. 

CosmicSex said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

It sounds like you are saying the consoles should go down.   Remember the placement on the chart of any item only shows it position relative to higher items.  If everything is falling at the sale rate, the positions won't change.  So if a  item rises in ranks it downs mean sales have gone up. It only means it sales are higher relative to other products. 

yes. So if item X is onsale at one point and time and item Y is not, when item X is no longer on sale their relative positions should change, Now with NDC it could be a case that it was so far in number 1, that while it came back the pack statisically it remains the same numerically. However the other bundles should be more volatile. Right now the only evidence of adjustment is the 3 Games and SW bundles rising some (both are charting now better than they did over the coarse of the weekend), and the DS4. The DS4 was on sales for like 37 bucks, and was number 2 the entire sale weekend. It is not at 10 and falling which makes sense.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
CosmicSex said:

yes. So if item X is onsale at one point and time and item Y is not, when item X is no longer on sale their relative positions should change, Now with NDC it could be a case that it was so far in number 1, that while it came back the pack statisically it remains the same numerically. However the other bundles should be more volatile. Right now the only evidence of adjustment is the 3 Games and SW bundles rising some (both are charting now better than they did over the coarse of the weekend), and the DS4. The DS4 was on sales for like 37 bucks, and was number 2 the entire sale weekend. It is not at 10 and falling which makes sense.

The controller few because Amazon ran out of stock.  Obviously consoles are in high demand right now.  And also, don't forget that over the weekend, there were tons of fire sales.  Also, looking at the yearly chart should give some indication of what's happening. NDC should cool down son though before picking up again.

CosmicSex said:

The controller few because Amazon ran out of stock.  Obviously consoles are in high demand right now.  And also, don't forget that over the weekend, there were tons of fire sales.  Also, looking at the yearly chart should give some indication of what's happening. NDC should cool down son though before picking up again.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it could hold fast until the 7th. I know the deals start on the 6th but it'll take a few hours before it starts filtering through to the charts and consumers (unless Sony advertise heavily on the 5th).

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

tag

3 Hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#03 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (down 1)
#07 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 3)
#17 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 1)
#20 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 2)
#100 N3DS (re-entry)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 11 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo + Forza + FIFA Bundle ($499)
Three Games + FIFA Steelbook ($399)
Gears + FIFA Steelbook ($399)
Halo LE Bundle ($477)
Kinect + Three Games ($429)

PS4 Deals:
50% Off 1 Years PS+
Coming 6th:
Star Wars Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)

WiiU Deals:

WiiU Mario Kart ($250)

The PS5 Exists. 

Either the the PS4 is somehow beasting even at 349$, or the hourlies account for a longer time period than my assumed 24 hours. Maybe 72 hours? That's the only way this makes sense to me, because I honestly doubt it's still selling well enough to remain at #1. The arrows work on a 24 hour basis though, so it's odd.

That ps4 omg.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it could hold fast until the 7th. I know the deals start on the 6th but it'll take a few hours before it starts filtering through to the charts and consumers (unless Sony advertise heavily on the 5th).

Not sure if itmatters though at this point.  NDC will probably take the month easily.... sesingle as it took November in only a couple of days. I read your earlier comment about SW @ #1 and NDC @ #2... but I predict that NDC will trumpet SW.