By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:

It looks like the Nathan Drake Bundle sold on popularity as well as the price reduction because it's still holding steady at #1. I expect to see Star Wars at #1 and Nathan Drake #2 come the 7th.

its possible there is a lag in sales updates and we are still get a big chunk of Cyber monday sales factoring in. It updates hourly, but that does not nessarily mean it updates the previous hours sales. A way to check this would be to go into the Nov thread and see how quickly the sales correlate with when the prices were dropped since you do a good job of leaving historical hourlies (which makes this kind of analysis possible). You should be able to predict the inversive reaction of ranks going down when prices go up.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It looks like the Nathan Drake Bundle sold on popularity as well as the price reduction because it's still holding steady at #1. I expect to see Star Wars at #1 and Nathan Drake #2 come the 7th.

its possible there is a lag in sales updates and we are still get a big chunk of Cyber monday sales factoring in. It updates hourly, but that does not nessarily mean it updates the previous hours sales. A way to check this would be to go into the Nov thread and see how quickly the sales correlate with when the prices were dropped since you do a good job of leaving historical hourlies (which makes this kind of analysis possible). You should be able to predict the inversive reaction of ranks going down when prices go up.

It's always been partially normalized.

Protendo said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

how so? The consoles have actually risen today a few spots. 

psn- tokila

its kinda minda boggling to think that the PS4 standalone which stayed top 20 for most of 1st half of the year and still charted until recently was passed in less than 5 days of NDC.

psn- tokila

PS4 staying at top simply means its the best deal atm. Most sales ended by cyber monday for everything else as well.

Around the Network

Dang LS4 does not want to let go of that #1 spot! Wii U doing great at $250. Take a hint Nintendo, KEEP THAT PRICE!!!

Farsala said:
PS4 staying at top simply means its the best deal atm. Most sales ended by cyber monday for everything else as well.

yes, I agree. to an extent. However. The PSN/Live Cards live at the top typically. I would assume when things "normalize" that they would go back up there. 

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:
Farsala said:

yes, I agree. to an extent. However. The PSN/Live Cards live at the top typically. I would assume when things "normalize" that they would go back up there. 

Not during the holidays, consoles spike while the PSN/Live Cards simply increase by a little. And YoY Software and accessories are down if I recall, while hardware is up yoy.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Protendo said:

how so? The consoles have actually risen today a few spots. 

This is a good article to start with.  

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-things-people-dont-know-amazons-bestsellers-rank-sales-rank/

Farsala said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

Not during the holidays, consoles spike while the PSN/Live Cards simply increase by a little. And YoY Software and accessories are down if I recall, while hardware is up yoy.

well its obvious the news that its going back to 299 on sunday has not reach the masses. Oh well. There fault for doing shitty research before they drop 350 on something. 

psn- tokila