By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese Developers are totally destroying Western Developers in Quality titles so far!

peterdavid12345 said:
Another thing is that Western games have an Edge in big title Hollywood movies right now.
Ratchet & Clank, WarCraft and Assassin's Creed.

Japan (country) is pretty much irelevant in console gaming. That has to do with a lot of it.

Around the Network

If its true im happy to see japanese developers destro western devs

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Snoopy said:
peterdavid12345 said:
Another thing is that Western games have an Edge in big title Hollywood movies right now.

Japan (country) is pretty much irelevant in console gaming. That has to do with a lot of it.

So you are saying that Recore and Scalebound aren't relevant too?

What about previous titles like The Last Remnant and Lost Odyssey? Were those irrelevant too?

I see

Snoopy said:
peterdavid12345 said:

Uhmz from. My 46 physical ps4 games i have, more than 50% is japanese and 30% indies.

I stopped buying broken"AAA" western games.

In my opinion Japanese developers are making better games that mostly always run perfect not broken a lot of fun and more diverse.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Megaoverlord12 said:

Might want to specify that this list only counts games that are either new gen exclusive or at least came out at the same time as their old gen counterparts, otherwise stuff like GTAV, flower, Rayman Legends, Diablo III, and Journey would count. Also going to assume remakes and portables don't count for lack of Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona 4 Golden, The Legend(s) of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Wind Waker HD, and A Link Between Worlds, Pushmo, and The Last of Us: Remastered would count.

^

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Snoopy said:

Uhmz from. My 46 physical ps4 games i have, more than 50% is japanese and 30% indies.

I stopped buying broken"AAA" western games.

In my opinion Japanese developers are making better games that mostly always run perfect not broken a lot of fun and more diverse.

and from my ps3 collection up to 50% are japanese games so yeah pretty much irrelevant  and some xbox fans wonder why they don't get the majority of japanese games.

gatito said:
Western developers still have a long way to go.

You mean surpassed?

Jranation said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Might want to specify that this list only counts games that are either new gen exclusive or at least came out at the same time as their old gen counterparts, otherwise stuff like GTAV, flower, Rayman Legends, Diablo III, and Journey would count. Also going to assume remakes and portables don't count for lack of Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona 4 Golden, The Legend(s) of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Wind Waker HD, and A Link Between Worlds, Pushmo, and The Last of Us: Remastered would count.

^

Yah, he still never really responded to me about that.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

peterdavid12345 said:
This is a GREAT new! But still, in term of popularity however, Japanese games are declining....sadly TT_TT.
Remember, most people now playing on PC and smartphone. Games like Candy Crush, League of Legends, DOTA 2, CS:GO, MineCraft, Clash of Clans, Angry Birds, etc and etc are just dominating right now.

And I'm here playing all sorts of other games on my PC that aren't those, also nothing wrong at all with Minecradft, a Western indie game dominating the past 5 years because it is a well recieved game by all along with CS:GO being very popular with the PC crowd due to it's competitive nature. There are far more games that PC players are playing than those you've listed to paint a picture of an entire platform.

There is nothing wrong with Western gaming becoming popular at all and I'll never ever udnerstand folk who want Japanese gaming to dominate everything, people have their prefs and it's best to keep them that way rather than trying to forcibily replace them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

We don't need to use Metacritic to come to that decision..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---