By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA Ballon d'Or 2015 nominees, which is your pick?

Tagged games:

Which would you choose?

Lionel Messi 41 63.08%

Cristiano Ronaldo 14 21.54%

Neymar Jr. 10 15.38%

Total:65

I believe Messi should win it this year, he won everything with FC Barcelona, Neymar did great too but was still in Messi's shadow for most of last season while C.Ronaldo didn't win any trophies, so he doesn't deserve it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Messi

Fair list! Happy to see Neymar there, but I think Messi deserves this year. If Neymar keeps doing good I can see him taking next year's (or the year after) ballon d'or.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Manuel Neuer

BraLoD said:
LipeJJ said:
Fair list! Happy to see Neymar there, but I think Messi deserves this year. If Neymar keeps doing good I can see him taking next year's (or the year after) ballon d'or.

Well, while they keep playing together it'll be hard to Neymar, but this chances we is having to prove himself as not someone to play under someone else has been great, Neymar plays as a lead, not a sidekick, Neymar is doing great already, and he definitely may be a strong name for next year as well.

If he ever gets as much priority as he got into Santos, as Messi got into Barcelona, he'll be taking some of those golden balls, not just one.

Yeah, Neymar got the max out of his role when Messi was injured, he really was the leader of the team at the time. Anyway, you have to consider that Messi will start getting worse soon since he's becoming somewhat old. In 2 or 3 years maybe he'll begin to accept a more secondary role on Barça, like Xavi did before, like Iniesta is kind of doing now... so that's when Neymar will get his chance to truly shine (he's still young, remember!).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Tbh, the one who let Suarez play illegally in Barcelona should be given the award.

Hiku said:
LipeJJ said:
BraLoD said:

Well, while they keep playing together it'll be hard to Neymar, but this chances we is having to prove himself as not someone to play under someone else has been great, Neymar plays as a lead, not a sidekick, Neymar is doing great already, and he definitely may be a strong name for next year as well.

If he ever gets as much priority as he got into Santos, as Messi got into Barcelona, he'll be taking some of those golden balls, not just one.

Yeah, Neymar got the max out of his role when Messi was injured, he really was the leader of the team at the time. Anyway, you have to consider that Messi will start getting worse soon since he's becoming somewhat old. In 2 or 3 years maybe he'll begin to accept a more secondary role on Barça, like Xavi did before, like Iniesta is kind of doing now... so that's when Neymar will get his chance to truly shine (he's still young, remember!).

Well Messi also lifts up his teammates. It's no coincidence that in 2010-11, the top 3 were Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, and that this year it was nearly three Barca players again. I think Neymar was at his best when he played with Messi between Feb 2015 to the end of the season. While when Messi was injured, he didn't shine as brightly as the second half of the previous season, but he shouldered the protagonist role of the team and handled it well. The latter may be needed in order to prevail over Messi in the voting though.
But that he's already top 3 in the world after two and a half seasons in Europe is a good sign for him.

Couldn't agree more, you said everything.

Messi. I feel a bit for others competing against him

Definitely not Ronaldo!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ronaldo shouldnt be up there. the short list should be Messi, Suarez and lewandowski.

Messi Deserves it. nobody can match his skill.