By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: The Wii U Gamepad isn't going anywhere.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:
It would be kinda nice if they gave the gamepad another shot with the NX. I still feel it has a lot of untapped potential. But it may not be wise either to hold onto the gamepad.

Wii U gamepad is one of reasons why Wii U failed, I don't think they will give another shot for completely new platform.

If the NX is a hybrid console, it will be far more intrigal to the system.

True, but I dont think its hybrid console. On NX home console you will probably use NX handheld like some sort of Wii U gamepad.

Around the Network

The gamepad could definitely be compatible to the NX, but I really hope that they change the architecture of the NX in order to help 3rd parties have easier porting

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I sure hope so! I love the gamepad! expect the battery life 

NX will not play Wii U games. It just is not going to happen. NX will play games from every other Nintendo system though

Considering the is a device patented with a Gamepad I don't think this prediction is all that bold.

Around the Network

Great controller but I hope the NX offers a better touch screen if it keeps the dual screen thing going.

Meh.. I've seen bolder predictions!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Cloudman said:
Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:
It would be kinda nice if they gave the gamepad another shot with the NX. I still feel it has a lot of untapped potential. But it may not be wise either to hold onto the gamepad.

Wii U gamepad is one of reasons why Wii U failed, I don't think they will give another shot for completely new platform.

Yeah, that would be the reason why they wouldn't use it again.

And yet, they are selling it as a stand alone device..... They are keeping it.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:

If the NX is a hybrid console, it will be far more intrigal to the system.

True, but I dont think its hybrid console. On NX home console you will probably use NX handheld like some sort of Wii U gamepad.

But in that sense, being able to add gamepads for friends on local multiplayer is almost a given.

AZWification said:

Meh.. I've seen bolder predictions!

Some people on here seem to think its pretty bold.