By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: The Wii U Gamepad isn't going anywhere.

In won't go anywhere in the sense that motion controls didn't go anywhere after the Wii U launched. The Wii U supports motion control, but it's not a key feature. The NX might support the gamepad, but it will be as a standalone accessory/BC with Wii U gamepads.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
In won't go anywhere in the sense that motion controls didn't go anywhere after the Wii U launched. The Wii U supports motion control, but it's not a key feature. The NX might support the gamepad, but it will be as a standalone accessory/BC with Wii U gamepads.

Agreed, though I do think due to the NX having a gamepad style controller itself, the gamepad will be implemented much better with NX than the wiimote was for Wii U. 

I think that's obvious.

Though I don't think the NX gamepad will be the same as the Wii U gamepad. Ideally, it'll be far more advanced, more ergonomic, and smaller.

NX will have classic controller, buy Wii U gamepad will be used for BC, Wii U games.

spemanig said:
I think that's obvious.

Though I don't think the NX gamepad will be the same as the Wii U gamepad. Ideally, it'll be far more advanced, more ergonomic, and smaller.

Some people didn't think the NX would be backwards compatible, going X86 architecture, and others thought it wouldn't have a gamepad at all. May have been obvious to you though.

*Edit* In fact, read Miyamotoo's posts.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
It would be kinda nice if they gave the gamepad another shot with the NX. I still feel it has a lot of untapped potential. But it may not be wise either to hold onto the gamepad.

Wii U gamepad is one of reasons why Wii U failed, I don't think they will give another shot for completely new platform.

Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:
It would be kinda nice if they gave the gamepad another shot with the NX. I still feel it has a lot of untapped potential. But it may not be wise either to hold onto the gamepad.

Wii U gamepad is one of reasons why Wii U failed, I don't think they will give another shot for completely new platform.

If the NX is a hybrid console, it will be far more intrigal to the system.

bigtakilla said:

Some people didn't think the NX would be backwards compatible, going X86 architecture, and others thought it wouldn't have a gamepad at all. May have been obvious to you though.

*Edit* In fact, read Miyamotoo's posts.

I'm not one of those people. I think he's gloriously incorrect.

bigtakilla said:
Dravenet7 said:
Not a bold prediction

In what way? I doubt anyone figured the NX would use a standard Wii U gamepad.

We dont know yet.. :) for all we know its just to replace thoose that are broken.. (and mayby for giving people same control in games that uses TV vs pad)

And I also thinks its more fair to say.. can use the gamepad.. :)

Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, that would be the reason why they wouldn't use it again.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread