By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: The Wii U Gamepad isn't going anywhere.

bigtakilla said:
Cloudman said:
Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:
It would be kinda nice if they gave the gamepad another shot with the NX. I still feel it has a lot of untapped potential. But it may not be wise either to hold onto the gamepad.

Wii U gamepad is one of reasons why Wii U failed, I don't think they will give another shot for completely new platform.

Yeah, that would be the reason why they wouldn't use it again.

And yet, they are selling it as a stand alone device..... They are keeping it.

Same like they selling Wii Remote and Nunchuk for Wii U, for BC or like different controller.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:
It would be kinda nice if they gave the gamepad another shot with the NX. I still feel it has a lot of untapped potential. But it may not be wise either to hold onto the gamepad.

Wii U gamepad is one of reasons why Wii U failed, I don't think they will give another shot for completely new platform.

If the NX is a hybrid console, it will be far more intrigal to the system.

True, but I dont think its hybrid console. On NX home console you will probably use NX handheld like some sort of Wii U gamepad.

But in that sense, being able to add gamepads for friends on local multiplayer is almost a given.

Well you can use 3DS like controller for Wii U in Smash Bros, I think NX will have something like that just much heavier integrated.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Cloudman said:
Miyamotoo said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, that would be the reason why they wouldn't use it again.

And yet, they are selling it as a stand alone device..... They are keeping it.

Same like they selling Wii Remote and Nunchuk for Wii U, for BC or like different controller.

Wii motes don't cost ~ $100. 

Personally I don't think so. Nintendo tends to not do the same idea twice in a row unless it's a huge success. If something is a failure they'll usually bury it for a generation or two (if not forever).

The NX will have some new kind of controller novelty I think.

I love the gamepad, so I wouldn't mind! But I would like a new version, this one is very heavy and not very comfortable, also the battery could be better.
But I am expecting the portable nx to be the wii u gamepad substitute, I think it would be nice, playing with it as a controller at home and as a portable anywhere else.
Whatever they do I'm confident that I will like it, after the wii u they are going to surprise us all in a good way.
That or they will fail even harder :P
Also, as some have already mentioned, there's still so much room for developers to create new games based on it.
But somehow I also expect they make a traditional controller like the pro controller from wii u. I have it but I have only used it twice, but I know the majority would prefer that over a redesign of the gamepad.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Honestly, the inclusion of the gamepad would mean more market confusion. They might as well call it the Wii U2.

Kennel83 said:
I love the gamepad, so I wouldn't mind! But I would like a new version, this one is very heavy and not very comfortable, also the battery could be better.
But I am expecting the portable nx to be the wii u gamepad substitute, I think it would be nice, playing with it as a controller at home and as a portable anywhere else.
Whatever they do I'm confident that I will like it, after the wii u they are going to surprise us all in a good way.
That or they will fail even harder :P
Also, as some have already mentioned, there's still so much room for developers to create new games based on it.
But somehow I also expect they make a traditional controller like the pro controller from wii u. I have it but I have only used it twice, but I know the majority would prefer that over a redesign of the gamepad.

That all could be easily done when they are releasing stand alone controllers. Think of it like the XBone. They have a standard controller they sell on the side, then the premium that can switch out analog sticks.

potato_hamster said:
Cloudman said:

Honestly, the inclusion of the gamepad would mean more market confusion. They might as well call it the Wii U2.

I disagree if the name of the console is different. It's like how the PS4 has a very similar controller as the PS3. They could also change the look of the controller, but it still basically be a gamepad that comes with the system. You can just add gamepads for multiplayer and backwards compatibility.

I'm hoping it doesn't completely go away: I love the art posted on Splatoon and other games.

KLAMarine said:
I'm hoping it doesn't completely go away: I love the art posted on Splatoon and other games.

I'm also hoping for a complete overhaul of Miiverse, where you can post videos, and actually have a channel for previews/reviews of games for the Nintendo community to talk about.