By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS3 "HOME" be a boost for PS3 sales?

I don't know when "HOME" will be available. But from the screenshots and information, it is really very attractive!! It is even better then what "The Sims" series could offer.

Do anyone know when it will be available?

Do you think this can boost PS3 sales?

Will you buy a PS3 just because of this?

I do not have PS3 at the moment. But "HOME" is really good! I hope Wii also has something similar... :P

Around the Network

I have not seen anything in Home that appeals to me enough to get a PS3. It's graphically impressive and has plenty of features...but it's just not something I see myself using...I'd rather jump into a game quickly instead of sitting around in a virtual world waiting to play a game. I'm not trying to hate on Sony...just on Home.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Comment was bumped.

If its marketed right, it will. - half the time whatever Tretton says, the exact opposite is correct.

I think it could wind up being a headache for Sony. Not only will they have to deal with all the griefers and cheaters, but it could also attract internet predators and fraudsters.

Around the Network

I already have a PS3. And yes, I can't wait for HOME to be release. BUT! If I had not bought a PS3, I will not buy it base on HOME. It is only a online community.

HOME is a "win-more" kind of application.

If PS3 is selling like hotcakes, HOME cements it.  But not the other way around.  HOME needs traction. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

From Sony themselves: Jack Tretton: I don't think it will move consoles, but it will move a consumer who's been intimidated or disinterested by online into the online world. http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=112409 I agree with Lingyis. HOME needs traction

"Jack Tretton: I don't think it will move consoles, but it will move a consumer who's been intimidated or disinterested by online into the online world."

...or dont you mean ppl intimidated or disintrested by REAL PEOPLE in the real wordl??

heh, had to throw it out there...

BTW.this will in no way be a "my space" type  of phenomenon

also, im honestly shocked tretton hasnt been fired as of yet

not to sound negative...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

also, im honestly shocked tretton hasnt been fired as of yet

not so sound negative...

you not, most Ps3 owners want him gone.