By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Deserves a Remaster!

Does it?

Yes 115 80.99%

No 27 19.01%

Total:142

@LipeJJ & Wright. Thanks for the explanation guys. That sucks that the DLC never came. As an aside, I HATED doing the evil ending stuff for the trophy. It felt so wrong, was brutal, and actually nerfed my character, so I quit playing as soon as I got the plat.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
COKTOE said:
@LipeJJ & Wright. Thanks for the explanation guys. That sucks that the DLC never came. As an aside, I HATED doing the evil ending stuff for the trophy. It felt so wrong, was brutal, and actually nerfed my character, so I quit playing as soon as I got the plat.

Damn From Software making us treat the Maiden in Black like that... didn't want to do that XS

Killing everybody, including the Maiden, then stepping on the back of her head as a final indignity on the way to claiming your prize. Just plain mean.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Im not going to say no to any game being remastered but as far as games I'd love to see remastered, this isn't one at all. I've beaten it twice on PS3 (It's one of my Top 30 favourite games) and I still have my PS3 plugged in. I suppose it'd allow PS4 owners who didn't own a PS3 the chance to play it, but you could make that argument for any PS3 exclusive. Sony would do it if it were obviously profitable but I don't think this would be obviously profitable. Many of these remasters don't sell very well. I can't imagine it costs that much to remaster a game but I'd prefer they use that money to remaster something else.

The only remasters I'm really interested in playing are from the PS2, and many of them have already come out like Ico Collection, MGS collection and FFX collection.

Fortune favours the bold.

twintail said:
Azuren said:

Regardless, they don't have publishing rights for Demon's Souls on PS3. Demon's Souls Remastered is a different product, and Sony doesn't have to let Atlus publish it if they don't want them to do so.

Except they do. Just like Namco has the rights for EU. Even the re-releases on PS3 are done by Atlus and Namco in the respective regions.

You can argue until your face is blue but nothing is really going to change this is 100% true fact. They have publishing rights for the game on PS3. 

Sure a PS4 remaster could mean a different product but we do not know the extent of the publishing agreement. After all, Sony had no intention of brining the game over from Japan at the time and did not even think it was going to be a sales success so they could have easily just signed over all publishing rights for the IP because they had no use for it.

Until I see otherwise I am not holding my breathe for a DS Remaster, but I will glad accept that my speculation was wrong if it does happen (and no Atlus for US).  After all I have not played the original and would definitely be more willing on the PS4 than on PS3. 

Calm down, that was a typo. I meant Atlus only owns rights to the PS3 version, not a potential PS4 version.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Hell yeah!!! If they did I think they should include new enemies, weapons and maybe environments too.

Around the Network

Not remaster, Remake. They can add too many things to the game.

I never liked the Dark Souls lore as much as the Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls hold a special place for me, it's pretty nostalgic. I remember the time I came here on this site and could not stop talking about it and how amazing it was.

Well Sony is remastering anything people remotely enjoyed. So yeah, it deserves a remaster.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)