By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Deserves a Remaster!

Does it?

Yes 115 80.99%

No 27 19.01%

Total:142
twintail said:
Ali_16x said:

It's called licensing, that doesn't mean they own Demon's Souls, all they did was license it and those are for a limited amount of time.

Funny, I never said they did not own the IP. but that they did not 'own the publishing rights in the US'.  

I said something quite obviously different to what you are suggesting I did. 

Regardless, they don't have publishing rights for Demon's Souls on PS3. Demon's Souls Remastered is a different product, and Sony doesn't have to let Atlus publish it if they don't want them to do so.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

The ONLY remasters I want to see is The Witcher 1 and 2 on PS4 so I can complete my collection off of PC. Other than that give me Bloodborne 2, Deomon Souls time has passed.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

twintail said:

Except they do. Just like Namco has the rights for EU. Even the re-releases on PS3 are done by Atlus and Namco in the respective regions.

You can argue until your face is blue but nothing is really going to change this is 100% true fact. They have publishing rights for the game on PS3. 

Sure a PS4 remaster could mean a different product but we do not know the extent of the publishing agreement. After all, Sony had no intention of brining the game over from Japan at the time and did not even think it was going to be a sales success so they could have easily just signed over all publishing rights for the IP because they had no use for it.

Until I see otherwise I am not holding my breathe for a DS Remaster, but I will glad accept that my speculation was wrong if it does happen (and no Atlus for US).  After all I have not played the original and would definitely be more willing on the PS4 than on PS3. 

In fact, don't they also own the servers for online play in America? (Which is the reason the online is still up in that area, unlike Asia)?

Shiken said:
The ONLY remasters I want to see is The Witcher 1 and 2 on PS4 so I can complete my collection off of PC. Other than that give me Bloodborne 2, Deomon Souls time has passed.

That's the idea... DeS' time has passed so it's a perfect time to revisit it. Plus, I don't think we'll ever see a BB2, the closest that you'll get to that is The Old Hunters expansion.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Wright said:

Port Soul Sacrifice to Ps4 and we gladly give you Demon's Souls!

Given God Eater's lukewarm reception on PS4 (suggesting there isn't much of an audience for hunting games) and Tearaway's abysmal performance on PS4 (suggesting the audience isn't interested in Vita up-ports), I think that would be a bit of a disaster.  A Toukiden Kiwami-on-PS4 style disaster, if you will :P

(in before: "nothing sells on Vita!".  Well, you're not wrong there)

Seriously, I wouldn't mind Soul Sacrifice going to PS4.  It already exists on Vita so not like anything has been lost.  But there's nothing like Souls on Vita, whereas there is ample Souls on PS4 (3 games in 3 years plus a number of clones).

Around the Network
twintail said:
Ali_16x said:

It's called licensing, that doesn't mean they own Demon's Souls, all they did was license it and those are for a limited amount of time.

Funny, I never said they did not own the IP. but that they did not 'own the publishing rights in the US'.  

I said something quite obviously different to what you are suggesting I did. 

That's exactly what it means when you own the publishing rights, you own the IP. Licensing gives you the ability to do exactly that, without selling the IP. It means to give permission, permission to publish the game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

LipeJJ said:

Now I don't like this remaster trend in gaming, but if one game deserves it, it's Demon's Souls. I'll list some reasons to support my opinion:

1- It's actually old (almost 7 years old)

2- It's the Souls game that sold the least

3- It's falling into a limbo where people are forgetting about its existance and contribution to the series

4- The game was rushed and From Software couldn't include the last ArchStone (imagine how cool would it be to have that!) along with some other missing stuff

5- The performance was unstable and it would benefit a lot from having a stable 60fps (1080p wouldn't hurt either!).

What do you think guys?

I'm totally for it. I did plat it quite a while ago, but my memory is hazy. What is the last Archstone you reference? Was it something that was confirmed to be cut? Or are you speculating? Curious either way.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

I'm totally for it. I did plat it quite a while ago, but my memory is hazy. What is the last Archstone you reference? Was it something that was confirmed to be cut? Or are you speculating? Curious either way.

There's a broken Archstone in the Nexus that can't be accessed in any way possible. Originally, that would be part of another world for the player to explore, which due time constrains was set to release as DLC, then finally got discarded altogether.

Wright said:
COKTOE said:

There's a broken Archstone in the Nexus that can't be accessed in any way possible. Originally, that would be part of another world for the player to explore, which due time constrains was set to release as DLC, then finally got discarded altogether.

Pretty much this, Wright already summarized it. So... that's a wet dream of any fan: to finally play the last Archstone, and I'm sure you'd enjoy having this opportunity!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

BraLoD said:
Never understood this "problems" it's supposed to have.
Only when firstly killing thise giant lava bugs and them exploding I would get any issue with the game, it could get a real slowdown, but after the first one it wouldn't happen again.
The heavy feeling the game have on the character is actually great, it puts you into his shoes, there will hardly be any bad move being forgiven on that game, and I love that.

But I would like to see a remastter, it was the first and exclusive to the PS3, a lot of people missed it.
And yeah, I want that last archstone, slaying giants in a snowy stage, would be lovely, also it would have more bosses because of that.

Would also enjoy an actual vs battle against the dragon god, he is so badass you can't actually face him on a direct battle, but it would be nice if they gave us a chance now, may it even be a NG+ feature or even higher so you have to be really powerful to face it.

Well, I had frame rate issues fighting the Tower Knight and in the way there when the Dragon appear and burn everything the first time... othere than that nothing notable. Just those slow down...

And instead of a remaster.. a actual Remake suing Bloodborne graphic Engine... would be even better...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread