By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Turkey shoots down Russian warplane - 1 Russian marine confirmed death, 1 pilot confirmed death

Never said:
Sharu said:
Well... Russia fights ISIS. Now we see that Turkey supports ISIS. The main reason is obviously the oil business of Erdogan and ISIS guys.

The main question now is what will NATO be doing. Which side will it take, Russian or ISIS?

Not isis. There are turkish backed rebles in the area that russa must have been bombing. As for nato turkey is in nato i believe.

Ok, so Turkey supports non-government troops on the territory of neighbour country. Isn't it called international terrorism?

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Never said:

Not isis. There are turkish backed rebles in the area that russa must have been bombing. As for nato turkey is in nato i believe.

Ok, so Turkey supports non-government troops on the territory of neighbour country. Isn't it called international terrorism?

Even if that's true it will be impossible for Russia to use that as an argument since they are actively doing the same in Ukraine.

poklane said:
Sharu said:
Never said:

Even if that's true it will be impossible for Russia to use that as an argument since they are actively doing the same in Ukraine.

It won't be an argument. In 2012 Turkish plane was shot down over Syria.
Then Erdogan said that 'speeds of military jets are too high and it can sometimes get into other countrys airspace'.

Now some Turkish jets could fall down again... Or kurds wil get some new nice weapons from an unknown friend... In any case this will get an answer from Russia. And after that... It all goes down on how will NATO behave...

Sharu said:
poklane said:

It won't be an argument. In 2012 Turkish plane was shot down over Syria.
Then Erdogan said that 'speeds of military jets are too high and it can sometimes get into other countrys airspace'.

Now some Turkish jets could fall down again... Or kurds wil get some new nice weapons from an unknown friend... In any case this will get an answer from Russia. And after that... It all goes down on how will NATO behave...

If Russia supplies the Kurds with weapons to attack Turkey then hopefully we'll see a full scale NATO invasion into Syria and Iraq, depending on where these attacks are coming from.

Sharu said:
Never said:

Unless the rebels they supported engaged in terrorism, which I've not heard any aligation of let alone seen evidence for, no.

Around the Network

According to a FSA source the FSA opened fire on one of the pilots as he was descending using his parachute:

This would be a war crime against a Russian pilot, which will without a doubt lead to an immense reaction from Russia against the FSA

Article 42 outlaws attacks on pilots and aircrews who are parachuting from an aircraft in distress. Once they landed in territory controlled by an adverse party, they must be given an opportunity to surrender before being attacked unless it is apparent that they are engaging in a hostile act or attempting to escape. Airborne troops who are parachuting from an aircraft, whether in distress or not, are not given the protection afforded by this Article and, therefore, may be attacked during their descent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_I

c03n3nj0 said:

Eh, Russia isn't going to do anything about it. Turkey's NATO.

Honest to goodness I support Turkey's actions. Russia is bombing non-ISIS Syrian rebels who are fighting Assad. Assad's a bit of a flaming douchebag, to say the least.

Two weeks or so ago the city of Latakia (which was untouched so far by Syrian war) was hit by missiles from the region the plane was shot down now. Many civilists died - the source are the rebels. The rebels are terrorists, Assad is a murderer, Erdogan and Putin are both dangerous cowboys, Saudi-Arabia is fueling the conflict. In this stuff no one is good or right.

I don't support Turkeys actions as this can escalate the conflict out of syrian borders.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Eh, Russia isn't going to do anything about it. Turkey's NATO.

Honest to goodness I support Turkey's actions. Russia is bombing non-ISIS Syrian rebels who are fighting Assad. Assad's a bit of a flaming douchebag, to say the least.

Two weeks or so ago the city of Latakia (which was untouched so far by Syrian war) was hit by missiles from the region the plane was shot down now. Many civilists died - the source are the rebels. The rebels are terrorists, Assad is a murderer, Erdogan and Putin are both dangerous cowboys, Saudi-Arabia is fueling the conflict. In this stuff no one is good or right.

I don't support Turkeys actions as this can escalate the conflict out of syrian borders.

That was believed to be by a diffrent alqaeda linked rebel group. There are many diffrent rebel groups in the country. Some like isis are also terrorists.

Video said to be showing FSA forces destroying a Russian rescue helicopter using a TOW missile. 1:30 is where the helicopter gets destroyed.

FSA has "gunned down" both pilots as they were descending using their parachute:

Again, this is a war crime
Article 42 outlaws attacks on pilots and aircrews who are parachuting from an aircraft in distress. Once they landed in territory controlled by an adverse party, they must be given an opportunity to surrender before being attacked unless it is apparent that they are engaging in a hostile act or attempting to escape. Airborne troops who are parachuting from an aircraft, whether in distress or not, are not given the protection afforded by this Article and, therefore, may be attacked during their descent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_I