By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forbes: Wii U-Only Zelda Game Would be a Mistake

Dr.Vita said:
Would be the best decision. Does Nintendo want to make the same mistake they did with Wii U and let NX players wait 3 years for a new Zelda?

I hope that, after Zelda U releases, Nintendo reuses most of the assets and engine created and makes a new Zelda, like OoT and MM.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

They also said it was coming in 2015.

And after Skyward Sword that "the next Zelda won't take 5 years".

They are pathological liars, how am I supposed to trust anything they say?

Almost every 3D Zelda game was delayed, so that wasn't really surprise, especially when Zelda U is first HD and biggest true open Zelda game.

That's not an excuse. They lied and that would not change. In fact, the delay shows how inefficient they are to develop a game in 4 years.

curl-6 said:
Esiar said:

I think it's the other way around. The next Zelda was (very) briefly spoken about in the Nintendo Direct this month, and they said it was a Wii U game, while an NX release wasn't spoken about at all.

Add in there that Skyward Sword was supposed to be released in 2010,

That Twilight Princess was coming in 2005,

That you don't have to wait until the 'Revolution´release to play Twilight Princess,

Yes. Zelda team loves to lie us.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Listening to Forbes woul be a mistake

JNK said:
AZWification said:
illdill1987 said:
What if the NX is backwards compatible? Then all this talk is stupid lol.

The NX is most likely going to be x86, so I don't really know how is BC going to work.

software emulation. Like ps4 will be able to play ps2 games. Just need strong hardware.

Haha I sense you're slightly underestimating the kind of hardware power you need for software emulation.

You kinda need something about 10x the power to get good results (that's an estimate obviously). 

No way are they doing it with the NX though.

Pavolink said:

Miyamotoo said:

Almost every 3D Zelda game was delayed, so that wasn't really surprise, especially when Zelda U is first HD and biggest true open Zelda game.

That's not an excuse. They lied and that would not change. In fact, the delay shows how inefficient they are to develop a game in 4 years.

That's not excuse that's fact. So you saying every delay is lie, OK than almost every game developer is lying.

Around the Network
the_dark_lewd said:
JNK said:

software emulation. Like ps4 will be able to play ps2 games. Just need strong hardware.

Haha I sense you're slightly underestimating the kind of hardware power you need for software emulation.

You kinda need something about 10x the power to get good results (that's an estimate obviously). 

No way are they doing it with the NX though.

ps4 already is like 10x as strong as wii u.

Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Miyamotoo said:

That's not excuse that's fact. So you saying every delay is lie, OK than almost every game developer is lying.

Yes. And I don't see what's the problem. They lied and there's no excuse. A lie is a lie.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Miyamotoo said:

Yes. And I don't see what's the problem. They lied and there's no excuse. A lie is a lie.

Lie is a lie, but when almost all developers are lying that kind of lie (not meeting launch date) isn't really big deal and nobody isn't surprised at all. That goes espacily for Zelda 3D games.

Jumpin said:

I just hate the fact that it will be limited by the Wii U. Seems like a huge waste. It could have been the best game of all time.

What is your favorite game of all time?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

curl-6 said:
Esiar said:

I think it's the other way around. The next Zelda was (very) briefly spoken about in the Nintendo Direct this month, and they said it was a Wii U game, while an NX release wasn't spoken about at all.

The fact that they are consistent for the next console Zelda. They've been saying that it's a Wii U game for nearly 3 years now. Why would they suddenly change that?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!