By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bold Prediction: Uncharted 4 won't be as good as Rise of the Tomb Raider (Metacritic)

Lauster said:
MTZehvor said:
Lauster said:
MTZehvor said:

Regardless, would you care to give some examples of how exactly the physics have been altered? Are characters faster? Is falling or momentum more realistic? What exactly has changed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFquhQiC88

@d21lewis : Lara makes you say irrational things ;P

Glad you're having fun anyway

I'm not watching a 15 minute video for the sake of an internet discussion. If there are truly major alterations being made to the physics engine, it should be pretty easy to list them. 

I won't waste my time at work for this, I put you the link, your turn to make some efforts if you really wanna know.

And the video show this better than words

Making a list of important gameplay adjustments takes like a minute, tops. Watch how easy it is; I'll make an example from DMC3 to DMC4 (using the character Dante as an example)

Window for enemy step slightly increased, styles are now selectable in real time, all weapons can be quick selected, certain attacks now burn DT gauge when in Devil Trigger, Bloody Palace mechanics revamped entirely to a straight linear path instead of multiple paths, time mechanics installed in BP.

There. Basically every major gameplay adjustment to Dante listed in a concise list. Takes you about 30 seconds to read, and generally explains things.

Honestly, if you require a 15 minute video to actually explain what's different, then I'm not all that convinced anything is, at least not to the degree that can back up your ludicrous claim that no one can play Uncharted 1-3 and then think 4 looks like pretty much the same in terms of gameplay.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:

Making a list of important gameplay adjustments takes like a minute, tops. Watch how easy it is; I'll make an example from DMC3 to DMC4 (using the character Dante as an example)

Window for enemy step slightly increased, styles are now selectable in real time, all weapons can be quick selected, certain attacks now burn DT gauge when in Devil Trigger, Bloody Palace mechanics revamped entirely to a straight linear path instead of multiple paths, time mechanics installed in BP.

There. Basically every major gameplay adjustment to Dante listed in a concise list. Takes you about 30 seconds to read, and generally explains things.

Honestly, if you require a 15 minute video to actually explain what's different, then I'm not all that convinced anything is, at least not to the degree that can back up your ludicrous claim that no one can play Uncharted 1-3 and then think 4 looks like pretty much the same in terms of gameplay.

All you're doing is demonstrating to every one reading this thread that you have your head burried deep in the sand and have no intention of removing your head from the sand. Watch the video.

Wath these too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUX0zNr7YFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ_VJX0BNo

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
MTZehvor said:

All you're doing is demonstrating to every one reading this thread that you have your head burried deep in the sand and have no intention of removing your head from the sand. Watch the video.

Wath these too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUX0zNr7YFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ_VJX0BNo

If watching what is now almost an entire hours worth of videos is what is required to remove my head from being "burried," then I suppose I will simply have to remain that way until the game comes out.

Honestly, I have no idea why it's so hard to just list gameplay adjustments/physics alterations. Even if you don't get down every detail, a list conveys the general principle far more succinctly and takes up far less time then all of these videos. Is it truly that difficult to just write down a couple things? If the list of alterations to the in game physics is as sweeping as you claim, it should be fairly easy to at least remember a couple, no?

MTZehvor said:

Wait, what ?

I  claimed nothing like this, you have me confused with someone else

Lauster said:
MTZehvor said:

Wait, what ?

I  claimed nothing like this, or you have me confused with someone else

You're correct, I had you mistaken for BraLoD. My apologies.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
Lauster said:
MTZehvor said:

Wait, what ?

I  claimed nothing like this, or you have me confused with someone else

Ok, no problem.

In your exemple you give gameplay evolutions, not physics whereas I focused on physics only in my previous posts, that is more difficult to translate in words briefly

BraLoD said:
MTZehvor said:

And seems like you mistaken what I said as well. I never said the bolded.

What I said is that what you said about Uncharted 4 being the same but prettier means you either didn't saw 4 or didn't saw the other 3.

Then I went and listed some amount of things that goes from new gameplay mechanics, passing through several new animations and heavily improved physics, not only for Uncharted but for pretty much any other game to date, and going to bigger and more varied envyronment with paths to choose while playing, and make Uncharted 4 feels greatly improved from the previous games.

Yet you are still here asking people what has already been addressed to you long ago, drawing a pointless discussion longer than it should.

As I already said before, and seems like you now want to do, wait for the game to come, then go read some reviews, then come back here if you still wish to keep that stance of Uncharted still being the same thing but just prettier.

Digital Foundry should be a good place to go to look for some technical aspects of Uncharted 4, so keep an eye there.

You said, and I quote

"Either you didn't play Uncharted 1 to 3 or haven't seen Uncharted 4, if you claim it to be very much just a prettier version of before."

Which means that it is impossible to have played Uncharted 1-3 and then think 4 looks like simply a prettier version of the first three games, going off what you said. Basic if -> then logic.

You listed the inclusion of additional animations (again, not a gameplay feature), a rope and bigger environments as upgrades. When I said that didn't seem particularly innovative, you then proceeded to vaguely mention how the physics are "dynamic," with no explanation of how. All that I've been doing since then is asking that "how" question. What exactly has changed?

As for Lauster's point, you're right. Gameplay features are not equivalent to physics changes. So I'll borrow another example and just deal with physics changes; going from Super Metroid to Metroid Fusion. Samus is heavier, falls slightly more quickly, jumping is far less floaty, Samus flies much further off a wall when wall jumping, and the timing for Shinesparking is far less strict. 

Again, none of this is to even remotely imply that not changing the physics would in any way be a bad thing or make UC4 a worse game. More than anything, I'm interested in knowing what exactly is different between past Uncharted games and this one, or perhaps, to a greater extent, just what exactly is so different between this game and past entries in the series that one can make the claim that:

"Either you didn't play Uncharted 1 to 3 or haven't seen Uncharted 4, if you claim it to be very much just a prettier version of before."

...preferably without having to spend an entire hour watching Youtube videos.

How can we seriously pass judgement or compare Uncharted 4 to anything when its not even out yet. You go in judging it as inferior before it releases because... why?

CosmicSex said:
How can we seriously pass judgement or compare Uncharted 4 to anything when its not even out yet. You go in judging it as inferior before it releases because... why?

Just for fun. No one is definitively "passing judgment," we're all just making guesses and debating the quality of future video games because speculation is enjoyable, at least to some extent.

d21lewis said:
Eddie_Raja said:
I have watched gameplay from both games. No single piece of gameplay from RoTTR comes close to what I saw in the UC4 motorcycle chase and that downhill part with the armored car chase.

Sorry I just don't agree.

You didn't die in Drake's Fortune!?!

Huh?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]