By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bold Prediction: Uncharted 4 won't be as good as Rise of the Tomb Raider (Metacritic)

Well when you get the chance to play Uncharted 4, tell me how you'd like your crow to be served keke =P

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Well when you get the chance to play Uncharted 4, tell me how you'd like your crow to be served keke =P

I'm going to preorder it!  With the exception of the first, I've always gotten the series on day one.

Ranch dressing on my crow, please.

GribbleGrunger said:
Some of you folks are wasting your time trying to explain how Uncharted 4 innovates from its predecessors. Some people will never appreciate subtleties and when asked, will never provide any answer to what exactly they think an innovation to this sort of game should be. There are still people who don't understand (and will never understand) why TLOU is so incredible. I'm actually sick to the back teeth of the 'innovation' card being pulled at every opportunity because people buy particular franchises for particular reasons. Rise of the Tombraider doesn't innovate in any way whatsoever, in fact it borrows heavily from ND games, but that doesn't detract from the fact it's still a great game.

Yeah, uh...in regards to the bold, that's generally how opinions work. Some people just don't share the same opinions as you and don't understand why you like something as much as you do. I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, and a ton of people I know, after playing it, just couldn't figure out what made it so appealing to me. Same with TLOU; a single game will never appeal to all people.

I agree with the rest of the post, and I want to clarify something in regards to the discussion I had on innovation; my point wasn't to say that U4 is necessarily a worse game due to a lack of innovation, just that I expect it to score lower as a result. Critics are becoming much harsher to games that simply refine and fine tune previously established mechanics.

MTZehvor said:
BraLoD said:

-snip

Regardless, would you care to give some examples of how exactly the physics have been altered? Are characters faster? Is falling or momentum more realistic? What exactly has changed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFquhQiC88

@d21lewis : Lara makes you say irrational things ;P

Glad you're having fun anyway

The thing is that it would be sad to have an Uncharted game review below 90...

Nhow 86 is not bad by any means, most reviewers really liked the game, however if it's anything like 2013 TR there are very good reasons why it does not review as well as the Uncharted games, still it's good enough that some will say it's their favorite game this year.. or argue it's as good or better than the most recent Uncharted...

There is always a question of personal taste too... some really bad games are still enjoyed by some people... so who knows? Uncharted 4 could be a flow (a meta score of 85 would be a flop fo this series).

Around the Network
Lauster said:
MTZehvor said:
BraLoD said:

-snip

Regardless, would you care to give some examples of how exactly the physics have been altered? Are characters faster? Is falling or momentum more realistic? What exactly has changed?

I'm not watching a 15 minute video for the sake of an internet discussion. If there are truly major alterations being made to the physics engine, it should be pretty easy to list them. 

LOL. All 3 Uncharted games scored higher than the reboot and Rise of the Tomb Raider. ALl 3 Uncharted games already have better level design, puzzles and gunplay.TR does not even have a proper cover system and from what I have seen,still has not added one.Uncharted also lets you shoot while climbing/hanging and TR does not.I watched the walkthrough of RoTR and it pretty much copied Uncharted 2's plot with the villains, set pieces, lost city, guardians in the lost city and even the blue fire from the resin.The game has no originality period and Uncharted 4 already looks like a better game and we have seen some of those new features displayed, but there are more. Uncharted already has better puzzles and RoTR did not improve with its puzzles. RoTR also copied the setting from Uncharted 2 with the snow and mountains. Uncgarted 4 will have the highest review of any game this generation to date, that is my prediction and RoTR will be long forgotten before U4 releases.

NaeNae said:
LOL. All 3 Uncharted games scored higher than the reboot and Rise of the Tomb Raider. ALl 3 Uncharted games already have better level design, puzzles and gunplay.TR does not even have a proper cover system and from what I have seen,still has not added one.Uncharted also lets you shoot while climbing/hanging and TR does not.I watched the walkthrough of RoTR and it pretty much copied Uncharted 2's plot with the villains, set pieces, lost city, guardians in the lost city and even the blue fire from the resin.The game has no originality period and Uncharted 4 already looks like a better game and we have seen some of those new features displayed, but there are more. Uncharted already has better puzzles and RoTR did not improve with its puzzles. RoTR also copied the setting from Uncharted 2 with the snow and mountains. Uncgarted 4 will have the highest review of any game this generation to date, that is my prediction and RoTR will be long forgotten before U4 releases.

Welcome to the site!

Now watch me whip. Now watch me naenae (watch me do it!).

NaeNae said:

Care to make a bet?

MTZehvor said:
Lauster said:
MTZehvor said:

I'm not watching a 15 minute video for the sake of an internet discussion. If there are truly major alterations being made to the physics engine, it should be pretty easy to list them. 

I won't waste my time at work for this, I put you the link, your turn to make some efforts if you really wanna know.

And the video show this better than words