By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars: Battlefront Online Stats (PS4 Leads)

Protendo said:
With the 10 free hours with EA access, I'm surprised the Xbox One version wasn't on top.

Why? A good amount of members got their fill before the game even came out.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
That's lower than I expected, and Xbone number is closer to PS4 number than I expected.

Exactly! Especially when you consider the.much larger ps4 user base and the fact that many XboxOne players also have Halo 5 to play. Sales for the ps4 version should be obliterating the Xbox One version and not be this close. Quite disappointing really.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
That's lower than I expected, and Xbone number is closer to PS4 number than I expected.

Exactly! Especially when you consider the.much larger ps4 user base and the fact that many XboxOne players also have Halo 5 to play. Sales for the ps4 version should be obliterating the Xbox One version and not be this close. Quite disappointing really.

Lol dat exaggeration.

Also, it's called EA Access, and XBO owners are more prone to play shooters than PS4.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

GribbleGrunger said:
Snoopy said:
Not surprising considering there isn't a big AAA shooter for PS4 this holiday outside of blackops.

Just how long do you intend to downplay everything in PS4 threads?

Until Xb one wins of course, which means forever.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

aLkaLiNE said:
tiffac said:
Those low numbers are good. That means the young generation of gamers are expanding their taste in gaming.

It's no longer shooters all the time.

These numbers when looked at alone merely imply one of two things 

A) Battlefront 3 underperformed sales wise.

B) Battlefront 3 is having a tough time retaining its user base.

However, when you look at the sales of other first and third person military type shooters there does appear to be an overall decline in sales. So where are those sales going? This is the gen of the RPG.

Fallout 4 just destroyed its predecessors launch sales. It will undoubtedly surpass them lifetime.

The Witcher 3 just destroyed its predecessors launch sales. 

Dragon Age Inquisition was met with critical acclaim this gen.

A 'niche' RPG known as Bloodeborne was met with critical and commercial success.

So looking at the bigger picture, you're probably right

God Frikken damn I hope you're right!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
3sexty said:

Lol dat exaggeration.

Also, it's called EA Access, and XBO owners are more prone to play shooters than PS4.

Actually not an exaggeration at all when you consider that the game was exclusively advertised for the PS4 and that as the post above me points out, EA access members have had some time to get their fill out of this opportunity.  And the old xbox have more shooters argument is becoming redundant - just look at destiny.. In all honesty the game should have perfomed significantly better on PS4 (based at least on the stats presented on this thread).  Again, Given that many xbox owners have already been treated to the highly anticipated halo 5 shooter, the xbox gamers propensity to have engagement stats nearly as high as PS4 for this game (for Battlefront) is somewhat dissapointing for Playstation which should have completely eclipised the xbox version, - especially considering there is no halo type exlusive for playstation this holiday period. Think about it for a bit yeah....

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol dat exaggeration.

Actually not an exaggeration at all when you consider that the game was exclusively advertised for the PS4 and that as the post above me points out, EA access members have had some time to get their fill out of this opportunity.  And the old xbox have more shooters argument is becoming redundant - just look at destiny.. In all honesty the game should have perfomed significantly better on PS4 (based at least on the stats presented on this thread).  Again, Given that many xbox owners have already been treated to the highly anticipated halo 5 shooter, the xbox gamers propensity to have engagement stats nearly as high as PS4 for this game (for Battlefront) is somewhat dissapointing for Playstation which should have completely eclipised the xbox version, - especially considering there is no halo type exlusive for playstation this holiday period. Think about it for a bit yeah....

Look at Destiny? You're basically proving my point, it sold quite a lot on Xbox One and even that was advertised by Sony. PS4 owners are playing more of Fallout 4 than Xbox One, probably by a lot. 

I remember seeing those hardcore Xbox fans on twitter and when CoD came out no one was playing Halo 5 anymore, people have moved on from Halo so you can't really use that.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Snoopy said:
Not surprising considering there isn't a big AAA shooter for PS4 this holiday outside of blackops.

No, ALL multiplatform games sell more on PS4 than XBO. Doesn't matter what excuse you give.

This.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

aLkaLiNE said:
tiffac said:
Those low numbers are good. That means the young generation of gamers are expanding their taste in gaming.

It's no longer shooters all the time.

These numbers when looked at alone merely imply one of two things 

A) Battlefront 3 underperformed sales wise.

B) Battlefront 3 is having a tough time retaining its user base.

However, when you look at the sales of other first and third person military type shooters there does appear to be an overall decline in sales. So where are those sales going? This is the gen of the RPG.

Fallout 4 just destroyed its predecessors launch sales. It will undoubtedly surpass them lifetime.

The Witcher 3 just destroyed its predecessors launch sales. 

Dragon Age Inquisition was met with critical acclaim this gen.

A 'niche' RPG known as Bloodeborne was met with critical and commercial success.

So looking at the bigger picture, you're probably right

I really hope this is a gen of RPGs. There weren't enough last gen to my liking. 

I've had Battlefront since launch, I've not bothered playing it until 1am yesterday where I played for an hour or so. Not having an sp made me lose all interest in the game.

I wonder how many other people are there who bought the bundle for the console and just have the game sitting around doing nothing.