By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metacritics unbelievable Bias against Nintendos Thirdparty exclsuives in recent days

Skullwaker said:
tripenfall said:
I don't put much stock in Metacritic at the best of times. Games like Fallout 4 had user reviews up the day it was released when everyone knows you need 20+ hours to even attempt to score that game accurately.
I'm currently 10 hours into Fatal Frame (9th drop) and I am loving it. If anyone is reading this thread and is put off by a bad Metacritic review for the game don't be - it's a winner.

Having completed the game myself, I completely agree with you. My main gripe was that it wasn't released physically. xD

So much this. I don't have any room left in the Wii U, am not in the mood to get an external harddrive, and like HELL would I ever uninstall Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Ruler said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Devil's Third is horse shite crammed into a DVD case. I have no idea about Rodea.

And many people were actually hyped for the new Fatal Frame - so if anything, I would say these reviewers are truly disappointed with the game rather than following some Wii U-hating agenda.

There's nothing fishy to smell here, besides the smell emanating from the Devirl's Third case.

and fallout 4 is goty despite all its buggs? how you explain that?

Because Fallout 4 does way more good than bad things. And while tecnical issues are a problem Bethesda needs to stop right now, it is true that this forums and the media make it sound way worse than it is. I have been playing a lot of Fallout 4 and yes, there are bugs, yes there are framedrops, but nop is not a deal breaker at all because the game runs fine most of the time. And most important, the game is good, devil´s third would probably have a mediocre score even with all the bugs solved and running at 60fps.

Fatal frame 5 is a good game, but does have some flaws but overall it was slated a little harshly. May deserves a 7.5 imo

OdinHades said:
I can tell you that Devil's Third actually got better scores than it deserves. The game is broken in every possible aspect and no one should ever play it.

Didn't play the other games.

Utter bullshit. This game have some flaws like clipping through the walls when Ivan perform melee finishing moves and some heavy framerate drops in couple of locations. It's not broken game like Fallout4 or AC:Unity on launch.

I gave DT 8 of 10, Project Zero 5 is almost perfect horror game and it got 9 from me.

You can see bias against Wii U exclusives in reviews "lol gamepad battery is so shit just like that game lmao", 'why that horror game is so slow paced, 3 of 10 worst fatal frame ever'.

Also why would someone get Devil's Third when there's Bayonetta 2 on the same console?

*Super didn't like his purchase*

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Lol do nintendo fans feel like they deserve a great review just because it is a nintendo game. Ridiculous.

I can't aggree or disagree with the scores because i havent played it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Boberkun said:
OdinHades said:
I can tell you that Devil's Third actually got better scores than it deserves. The game is broken in every possible aspect and no one should ever play it.

Didn't play the other games.

Utter bullshit. This game have some flaws like clipping through the walls when Ivan perform melee finishing moves and some heavy framerate drops in couple of locations. It's not broken game like Fallout4 or AC:Unity on launch.

I gave DT 8 of 10, Project Zero 5 is almost perfect horror game and it got 9 from me.

You can see bias against Wii U exclusives in reviews "lol gamepad battery is so shit just like that game lmao", 'why that horror game is so slow paced, 3 of 10 worst fatal frame ever'.

What's broken about Devil's Third isn't so much the technical aspect (although there are quite some bugs), it's the gameplay itself. It just isn't fun. Fallout 4 gameplay is superb and I only encountered 2 glitches so far. Never played AC: Unity, because Assassin's Creed sucks ass. =P

Bias is everywhere, but it's silly to assume that Nintendo gets more of it than others. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

In what way are Devil's Third and Fatal Frame, which were funded and published by Nintendo, third party exclusives? Nintendo even own the IP in Fatal Frame's case.

The fact that a developer other than Nintendo internal made them? Doesn't that make Yoshi's Woolly World a third party exclusive too. And that scored well.

Cream147 said:
Calling Metacritic "biased" seems like a stretch given all it does is collate reviews from other sources. Surely if there is any bias (and having not played any of those games you mentioned, I can't comment), then it's from the actual reviewers themselves rather than Metacritic.

Not necessarily. Metacritic doesn't just get an average of scores from different review websites. Metacritic adds a hidden "weight" to each website's score when collating them all. The way in which Metacritic assigns these weightings leaves them open to adding their own bias to review scores (note I am talking about Metacritic possibly having a bias in general, not specifically towards Nintendo).