By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why FFVII Remake Should Keep Turn-Based Battles

The Fury said:
They won't. They'll remove the cross dressing, the jokes, the fun, they'll make it emo somehow.

I fear Nomura tries to make the game take itself too seriously and the whole game ends up trying too hard to be worthy of a classic.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Cloudman said:
I wonder more how they will handle the death of Aerith. I wonder if there will be a point in using her if she is just going to die later o:

That spoiler man.

It is an old game, so I'm sure most people know about it, but I will cover them x )

Im 99% sure hes just trolling you guys. But Cloudman makes an interesting point, I for one would only ever play her in my party if there is some trophy conected to it, otherwise I wont waste the effort.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Cloudman said:
I wonder more how they will handle the death of Aerith. I wonder if there will be a point in using her if she is just going to die later o:

That spoiler man.

Snake dies at the end of Dumbledore.

The Fury said:
They won't. They'll remove the cross dressing, the jokes, the fun, they'll make it emo somehow.

If the game comes out for NX maybe Nintendo will remove some things out as they seem to be on a role with that.

I would like to see it remain as Turn-based, just because we don't get enough of it and FF7 is one of the best turn-based RPG of all time.  It's not like the formula they had when they created the game wasn't sucessful.

As well, give me the option to skip summon cut scenes.  The Knights of the Rounds summon was awesome....the first 2-3 times but then it got annoying cause it took so dam long!  It was literally like 1:30min long, and when using that summon it allowed me to take washroom breaks/grab some snacks etc...

DakonBlackblade said:
Cloudman said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Cloudman said:

That spoiler man.

It is an old game, so I'm sure most people know about it, but I will cover them x )

Im 99% sure hes just trolling you guys. But Cloudman makes an interesting point, I for one would only ever play her in my party if there is some trophy conected to it, otherwise I wont waste the effort.

I am kinda joking around, but I did legitly think about that. I have heard of some people being upset on using her, but then losing her and her exp or something. Or is it possible to transfer that exp to someone else? Grandia II did it x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Cloudman said:

That spoiler man.

Snake dies at the end of Dumbledore.

Luke's father is Harry Potter and he's been dead the whole time.

... ?

Hmm, pie.

Not even gonna bother reading that.

FF7R, will NOT have a "traditional" turnbased battle system. Period.

When has Nomura done anything battle system wise not reminiscent of Advent Children btw

The Fury said:

Not the cross dressing!

But seriously, they should keep the unskippable Knights of the Round Table Summon animation. So players can spend their time waiting for the d@mn thing to end like we did back in the day. :D

I wish for a world with real time combat and that world is FFVII.

[Wicker man theme plays in the background]

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I wholeheartedly agree with that article. I'm very weary of what they'll do with FFVII.

Signature goes here!