By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why FFVII Remake Should Keep Turn-Based Battles

You do know the FF7 remaster will be the same right? The remake is so obviously going to be changed, why even talk about it.

Around the Network

Maybe Nomura will come up with some kind of action and turn-based hybrid and it will be a mess

#Pray4theFFVIIRemakeandFFXV

Hiku said:
Cloudman said:

I wonder more how they will handle the death of Aerith. I wonder if there will be a point in using her if she is just going to die later o:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d4b53b411c6dd84c5bb13efc1920a4e0/tumblr_nqs4jjzHgn1qh1shko1_500.jpg

HAHAHA. That was good, and could be true if they actually did that.

Leave it to you to give the best answers to some questions x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Please Square-Enix don't remove my fave scene for the sake of seriousness and emoness

animegaming said:

and if people want to play an action RPG on the 8th genertation of consoles there's Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 and 3, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Kingdom Hearts 2.9 and 3, Xenoblade Choncles X, and of course Final Fantasy 15 and those were only just from the top of my head we don't have much turn base RPG's this gen and so far all we're getting that i know of is Persona 5, Dragon Quest 11, and SMT x Fire Emblem.

Then your not looking at the right place ... 

There's tons of turn based RPGs on the vita or 3DS and there's a good reason why they went out of style when it came to AAA console games and especially so with SE's luck with FFXIII ...

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
animegaming said:

and if people want to play an action RPG on the 8th genertation of consoles there's Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 and 3, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Kingdom Hearts 2.9 and 3, Xenoblade Choncles X, and of course Final Fantasy 15 and those were only just from the top of my head we don't have much turn base RPG's this gen and so far all we're getting that i know of is Persona 5, Dragon Quest 11, and SMT x Fire Emblem.

Then your not looking at the right place ... 

There's tons of turn based RPGs on the vita or 3DS and there's a good reason why they went out of style when it came to AAA console games and especially so with SE's luck with FFXIII ...

except i want one on my consoles and i wouldn't say they went outside while this is a turn base stragtey game i think it is a good example X-Com Enemy Unknow was a success and was consider to be one of the best games of 2012 and is getting a sequel all of which happened a couple years after the annoucement of a FPS X-Com game that got a backlash surrounding that it cause Enenmy Unknow to be greenlit but also put the FPS in development hell and when it finally released it was a weird hybird between a third person shooter and a stragtey game.

they only went out of style because publishers stopped making them like what happened AAA survival horror and 3D platforms and metroidvania cause publishers want to make massively overbudgeted games cause they wanted Call Of Duty numbers but those games couldn't justifed those stupidly and unncessary prices to make so they died off until kickstarter became a thing which shows that there still is a demanned.

animegaming said:

except i want one on my consoles and i wouldn't say they went outside while this is a turn base stragtey game i think it is a good example X-Com Enemy Unknow was a success and was consider to be one of the best games of 2012 and is getting a sequel all of which happened a couple years after the annoucement of a FPS X-Com game that got a backlash surrounding that it cause Enenmy Unknow to be greenlit but also put the FPS in development hell and when it finally released it was a weird hybird between a third person shooter and a stragtey game.

they only went out of style because publishers stopped making them like what happened AAA survival horror and 3D platforms and metroidvania cause publishers want to make massively overbudgeted games cause they wanted Call Of Duty numbers but those games couldn't justifed those stupidly and unncessary prices to make so they died off until kickstarter became a thing which shows that there still is a demanned.

So where's the console versions of XCOM 2 then ? (Not only was it not an RPG like you mentioned but you only further strengthed my point by introducing a game not coming to consoles.) 

Publishers make these over budgeted games cause that's what the console gaming community is accustomed to. What else are they going to make ? 

fatslob-:O said:
animegaming said:

So where's the console versions of XCOM 2 then ? (Not only was it not an RPG like you mentioned but you only further strengthed my point by introducing a game not coming to consoles.) 

Publishers make these over budgeted games cause that's what the console gaming community is accustomed to. What else are they going to make ? 

X-Com 2 is only on PC cause they wanted to use all their resources to make for one platform without having to split resources to make other versions of the game and as well as that the games controls won't be limited cause they aren't making for a controller in mind.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/05/why-xcom-2-had-to-be-pc-exclusive

and there is still a good chance it will come to the PS4 and Xbox One after the PC version comes out.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xcom-2-dev-not-opposed-to-xbox-one-ps4-versions/1100-6427856/

hell while Bravely Default is only on the 3DS its success has caused Square Enix to rethink on how they should approach JRPG development this gen

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31/bravely-defaults-success-west-making-square-enix-rethink-jrpgs/

a good example of this is Project Setsuna a game that looks a lot like the games and is coming to both PS4 and Vita

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/15/tgs-2015-project-setsuna-ps4-vita/

hell go and see the hype surrounding Persona 5 its one of the most antipcated games of 2016 and one of the trailers manage to get over 1 million views in 24 hours on Atlus's youtube channel and just looking up Persona 5 trailers on youtube shows that the same trailer on IGN's channel also got 1 million views and the second trailer as well

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/06/smashing-persona-5-trailer-gets-a-over-a-million-views-in-24-hours-soundly-beats-final-fantasy/

so there is still a interest in turn base RPG's on consoles.

Final Fantasy VII is a classic.

While the visuals need to be updated I hope they keep the narrative and combat system. They can expand upon the combat while retaining the original turn based system but I hope it does not change in a way that feels completely different.

Cant wait for the remake.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

animegaming said:

X-Com 2 is only on PC cause they wanted to use all their resources to make for one platform without having to split resources to make other versions of the game and as well as that the games controls won't be limited cause they aren't making for a controller in mind.

You can't excuse your argument ...

animegaming said:

and there is still a good chance it will come to the PS4 and Xbox One after the PC version comes out.

Also can't use speculation to assert your point ... 

animegaming said:

hell while Bravely Default is only on the 3DS its success has caused Square Enix to rethink on how they should approach JRPG development this gen

Rethink what exactly ? Did they specifically promise more turn based JRPGs on consoles this generation ?

animegaming said:

a good example of this is Project Setsuna a game that looks a lot like the games and is coming to both PS4 and Vita

It looks like a game that will fall into oblivion like a lot of other cross platform PS3/PS4/Vita projects in Japan ...

animegaming said:

hell go and see the hype surrounding Persona 5 its one of the most antipcated games of 2016 and one of the trailers manage to get over 1 million views in 24 hours on Atlus's youtube channel and just looking up Persona 5 trailers on youtube shows that the same trailer on IGN's channel also got 1 million views and the second trailer as well

so there is still a interest in turn base RPG's on consoles.

Hype =/= Proof/Evidence in the case your trying to make ... 

The biggest turn based RPGs coming to consoles so far is Dragon Quest XI, SMTxFE, and Persona 5. Those only appeal to a limited minority of the user base or more specifically their established fanbase so how do you know that there's interest in turn based RPGs on consoles at the general sense ?