By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It’s About Time We Cut Microsoft Some Slack

Tagged games:

i still dont really care because the xbox one for me

- is still the weaker console, has the worse controller imo

- is lacking so many games not available on their platform, every month there is a japanese game not available on Xbox

- the BC feels like a ponzi sheme. You need an internet connection so from 20 years on out the BC wont even work ounce the servers are shut down. Instead giving us real BC that works without downloading extra data from the internet for 700+ Original Xbox games, they rather give a limited BC for 100+ 360 games which perform even worse in many instances instead better.
The only thing that maybe is good about it is that you will get Xbox 360 games for your Xbox one with XBox Live Gold. Is it still better than having no BC? yes, but is it optimal and makes sense in the long term? no not really

For their exclusive that do interests me i would much rather spend the money on a decent graphicscard to play their games like Rise Son of Rome, Scalebound and recoore than buying their console.

Around the Network

Still not going to buy a Xb1.

I got a 3000$ Pc which pretty much cover 80% of the XB1 libary, Scalebound is the only game that interest me and the chances it comes to PC is high.

I don't understand why people keep trying to sell XB1's because people can make up their owned mind and unfortunately people don't like to be told whats to like.

If XB1 had enough games that was up in my alley, i still wouldn't buy it by pure principle's. Microsoft tried to screw us over and i personally doesn't sell myself that easily cause it's my money.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Ruler said:

i still dont really care because the xbox one for me

- is still the weaker console, has the worse controller imo

- is lacking so many games not available on their platform, every month there is a japanese game not available on Xbox

- the BC feels like a ponzi sheme. You need an internet connection so from 20 years on out the BC wont even work ounce the servers are shut down. Instead giving us real BC that works without downloading extra data from the internet for 700+ Original Xbox games, they rather give a limited BC for 100+ 360 games which perform even worse in many instances instead better.
The only thing that maybe is good about it is that you will get Xbox 360 games for your Xbox one with XBox Live Gold. Is it still better than having no BC? yes, but is it optimal and makes sense in the long term? no not really

For their exclusive that do interests me i would much rather spend the money on a decent graphicscard to play their games like Rise Son of Rome, Scalebound and recoore than buying their console.

I... don't think you understand what a ponzi scheme is, how it works, or how Xbone BC works.

Also, yes, in 20+ years the servers for Xbone BC will probably be offline. Of course, so will the servers for virtually every single console game being released right now, as well as the servers enabling the disc based DLC functionality you want on the PS4 in your sig, so good luck with that.

Having purchased both, I was initially shocked at the way MS were directing things and thought I would end up mostly on PS4 this gen using my Xbox occasionally for the exclusives. In fact, it's the opposite. The X1 has had so many good exclusives and the multi plats have played just fine too. I still consider my PS4 for the exclusives and when a multi-plat game is noticeably better but that's it. I feel MS have seriously turned the X1 around and it's by far my favorite platform atm.

Unfortuantely people feel the need to resort to bashing the platform they don't own and as the PS4 has had the greatest/immidiate uptake, it's defaulted to the majority of people/media bashing the opposing platforms, one of which is the X1. And yes, it is the media too. I will never forget Gamespot's article about how poor the X1 was. Only 1 out of about 15 staff actually owned one and of those that did not own one, they had the nerve to complain about things like 'Settings is impossible to find', when in fact all you needed to do was press the Menu button on the controller.

Personally, I am glad we have sites like Digital Foundry comparing platforms and constantly shining the spotlight on weaker platforms because it encourages competition the next time around. In my opinion however, power is the only thing the X1 lacks (and the gap is not as larage as some would have you believe). Being a proud owner of both platforms (yes, both X1 and PS4 are good systems), I prefer the games, OS, features, controllers etc of the X1 (the PS4s extra grunt cannot be ignored however). With that in mind, the X1 definatly should not receive the slack it gets.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

the xone sure, its a fine system. But MS as a whole...might be a taller order, people arent going to forget what they tried to pull, they lost some customers with that one.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
DJEVOLVE said:

PS3 was forgiven, Wii U failed on the 3rd party gaming front. Xbox One Just said some shit people didn't like 30 Months ago. I thought it was a good read but as the article stated, the slack does need to be cut and on this site.

Did you "forgive" the PS3? I've been on this site for five years now and current gen has only been around for two.  Think carefully before you answer.

I am also around for several years and saw the sales of the PS3 every time I visited the site. Are you trying to say that the PS3 didn't have a huge community here to make it look the best console of last gen, repeated several times how it was outselling the 360, which only had such high sales because of the RROD, blaming and belittling 360 exclusives whenever possible, praising "their" machine?

Think carefully before you answer.

I only ever read anything about how bad the reveal was when I come across some haters on forums.

In "real life", nobody mentions anything about it, and enjoy the games it offers. My neighbour recently invited a friend over and he brought his XBox One with him, to play Smite. But he ended up showing the other games he had, all of them looking and running quite good I must say, and we discussed what each consoles do good and bad (I currently only have the Wii U and PS4). I ended up showing him The Witcher 3 on PS4, since he likes that kind of game, and he got hooked and will get it for his console.

That's usually the most close to a "console war" conversation I get these days. Discussions about what we think is good and what isn't, what was done really well, and what could be improved. What game kicks ass and why, or why a game isn't our cup of tea. In most cases, all of this is done with the idea that not everything is everyone else's cup of tea... 

I really enjoy when console and game discussions aren't tainted by nasty haters/downplayers or people being overly defensive whenever a comparison is made or when their favored company isn't depicted as some God-like entity. Something that's quite the rarity here on VGC.

Really enjoyed that line from the OP:

"Why? Because I’m not some blindly submissive super-fan having decided to conform to one platform and criticise anything and everything not pertaining to that given publicly-trading company."

That's what I go by as well.

MS tried to completely change gaming into a anti-consumer quagmire that probably would have destroyed the console gaming market later on. Just because they couldn't pull it off, doesn't change the fact that they "tried" to. So no, I sure as hell won't cut 'em any slack on it but others (mainly americans) already have. I'll be more open to the next MS console but we'll see.

I detested the Xbox One and I must say after having it and the PS4, it has impressed me far more with the quality of games. This could change as Sony's first party ramps up to avalanche all over Microsoft, but Microsoft has acquired or made some good exclusives.

Metroid33slayer said:
The xbox one is my favourite console at the moment (and will be untill zelda next year), and I'm a nintendo fan. I have been playing gta v on it and it looks absolutely beautiful and so does the witcher 3. I can't wait untill christmas when i will get halo 5 and fallout 4. The xbox one is a great gaming console anyone that says otherwise doesn't own one.

Or they just find the console dull,unoriginal and unappealing.The XO is a great console for functionality and none gaming related features,but for gaming it is mediocre.It is weaker than its main competitior and lacks exlcusive games period.You ma,ed to third party games that are also on the other console and most third parties are better ont he other console.The X1 has not had any exclusives all year and its just the same games every time.The future doe snot look any better for notable games either,except the usual.If MS actually puts some effort into their own games besides Halo and Forxa then I am sure your comments would be xorrect,but as it stands youa re wrong other than your perosnal taste.