By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It’s About Time We Cut Microsoft Some Slack

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayZee said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I detested the Xbox One and I must say after having it and the PS4, it has impressed me far more with the quality of games. This could change as Sony's first party ramps up to avalanche all over Microsoft, but Microsoft has acquired or made some good exclusives.

This comment is laughable seeing as how MS barely has any exclusives released and only two this year (none until the fall) and it's just Halo and Forza.You must be in another domension,because it is the opposite in reallty both this year and the future.What quality has MS delivered? LOL.Their best franhcise Halo has delcined both in popularity and quality.The same problem as always with an Xbox system is the lack of exclsive games.The 360 ened poorly and the X1 is continuing in that downward direction so far.They only have a handful of exclusives to look forward to after this year while the PS4 has tons.

WTF are you talking about? The only major exclusives launched in fourth quarter have been from Microsoft. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive for a year for Microsoft and Halo 5, Gears remastered and more have already dropped. Just because you're blind it doesn't mean the games dont exist. Sony's major exclusives this year outside of Bloodborne have been laughable at best.

Sony 1st Party was outselling MS 1st party all year, until Halo 5 released. Now its about equal in ONLY US. Halo 5 pretty much outsells all their other stuff combined, while it isn't so true for Sony. 6 games for Sony and 4 games for MS.

In Europe its not even close.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
LivingMetal said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Sony fugged me on many products, it was there PS2 that had a failure rate worse than Xbox 360 

Lol, what. Here everyone and their grandma had a PS2, not one failed in all its lifetime. No repairs, no nothing. The idea of a dead console was an alien concept. On the other hand the only person I knew with a 360 went through 4 of them (and 2 PS3s). Ps2 was an unbreakable diamond compared to PS3 and (specially) 360, not even close. Last gen was the worse for reliability.

On topic, I thought this was going to be a Polygon article..but I guess they already do that anyway. MS is cut too much slack due to American favoritism, things would be a lot worse with less bias. They have it so easy.

Roronaa_chan said:

Lol, what. Here everyone and their grandma had a PS2, not one failed in all its lifetime. No repairs, no nothing. The idea of a dead console was an alien concept. On the other hand the only person I knew with a 360 went through 4 of them (and 2 PS3s). Ps2 was an unbreakable diamond compared to PS3 and (specially) 360, not even close. Last gen was the worse for reliability.

On topic, I thought this was going to be a Polygon article..but I guess they already do that anyway. MS is cut too much slack due to American favoritism, things would be a lot worse with less bias. They have it so easy.

Really? What's wrong with the way they are now, when it comes to the X-Box One? The reveal was a mess, but under Phil Spencer, they've turned things around and are now delivering. So how is "too much bias" affecting them positively? Are you sure it isn't your bias trying to downplay them unfairly?

As for the PS2, while it is completely false to say it had a worse failure rate than the 360 (not even close), it certainly wasn't of the same class as Nintendo's standard of durability either. Still, DJEVOLVE complains about people for being unfair to MS while he does the same against Sony in the same comment... Go figure.

I will not cut them slack.

Roronaa_chan said:

Well, you must be lucky, because I went through at least 4, and a lot of my friends had at least one fail. It was laser malfunction most of the time, and sure, it was probably because we all had a modded console and played pirated games, but just recently I was cleaning house and found three TV cables for PS2 still unpacked.

At least the console was cheap back then, so nobody really cared when it died.

Around the Network

Oh god, please someone tell the author to use less commas! The text is a pain to read. Some commas should be a dot. Just saying.

About the topic at hand: The Xbox One is an ok console. You sure as hell will have your fun with it. But I like the PS4 better. And I think you don't need an Xbox if you have a PS4. But that's just me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayZee said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I detested the Xbox One and I must say after having it and the PS4, it has impressed me far more with the quality of games. This could change as Sony's first party ramps up to avalanche all over Microsoft, but Microsoft has acquired or made some good exclusives.

This comment is laughable seeing as how MS barely has any exclusives released and only two this year (none until the fall) and it's just Halo and Forza.You must be in another domension,because it is the opposite in reallty both this year and the future.What quality has MS delivered? LOL.Their best franhcise Halo has delcined both in popularity and quality.The same problem as always with an Xbox system is the lack of exclsive games.The 360 ened poorly and the X1 is continuing in that downward direction so far.They only have a handful of exclusives to look forward to after this year while the PS4 has tons.

WTF are you talking about? The only major exclusives launched in fourth quarter have been from Microsoft. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive for a year for Microsoft and Halo 5, Gears remastered and more have already dropped. Just because you're blind it doesn't mean the games dont exist. Sony's major exclusives this year outside of Bloodborne have been laughable at best.

oh come on, not this again tell me you aren't serious (or ernte).

I can't believe that somebody, from all the despise here about small and average exclusives of Microsoft for this holiday, like Halo, Tomb Raider or Forza (meeeeeeeeeeeh, meeeeeeeeeeeeh), find scandalous that somebody can consider Bloodborne the only Sony exclusive that can be a system seller.

That's the problem here, put down Microsoft is ok, saying that Sony have done something less than amazing marvelous unicorn rainbow, is a sin OMFG How can you dare to say that!!!???

Tim and The Princes...

JayZee said:
Metroid33slayer said:
The xbox one is my favourite console at the moment (and will be untill zelda next year), and I'm a nintendo fan. I have been playing gta v on it and it looks absolutely beautiful and so does the witcher 3. I can't wait untill christmas when i will get halo 5 and fallout 4. The xbox one is a great gaming console anyone that says otherwise doesn't own one.

Or they just find the console dull,unoriginal and unappealing.The XO is a great console for functionality and none gaming related features,but for gaming it is mediocre.It is weaker than its main competitior and lacks exlcusive games period.You ma,ed to third party games that are also on the other console and most third parties are better ont he other console.The X1 has not had any exclusives all year and its just the same games every time.The future doe snot look any better for notable games either,except the usual.If MS actually puts some effort into their own games besides Halo and Forxa then I am sure your comments would be xorrect,but as it stands youa re wrong other than your perosnal taste.

I'm not wrong, I have owned every console since the N64 and can tell you that for enjoyment the xboxone is one of the best. So what if most of the great games are on other platforms? They still play well, really well on the xbox one. Knowing that they are available on pc and ps4 doesn't reduce my enjoyment of those games. You're just another bitter hater who gets angry about a plastic box.

Naufraguito said:
I can't believe that somebody, from all the despise here about small and average exclusives of Microsoft for this holiday, like Halo, Tomb Raider or Forza (meeeeeeeeeeeh, meeeeeeeeeeeeh), find scandalous that somebody can consider Bloodborne the only Sony exclusive that can be a system seller.

That's the problem here, put down Microsoft is ok, saying that Sony have done something less than amazing marvelous unicorn rainbow, is a sin OMFG How can you dare to say that!!!???

Bolded 1: Nobody is talking about system seller? you should really read the comment again.

Bolded 2: yeah saying all sony exclusive besides bloodborne this year are laughable is almost flamming and bait, did someone say that about microsoft in this thread without a reaction from a xbox one owner? (don't want to read this thread again (complete).)