By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo censors out the 'Bust slider' from your character creator in Xenoblade X

SpokenTruth said:
If any of you make a decision to no longer purchase the game based on this decision, I pity you.

You take the principle of self-censorship as a greater evil over the objectification and subjugation of an entire gender.

Apparently no tits=no game for many people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
ihatefatkatz said:
I'm cancelling my pre-order and using the money to buy more hentai

There's a video I REALLY want to post in response to this, but it might get be banned.

EDIT: Hell.  Here it is.

EDIT2: Deleted. I wimped out.

LivingMetal said:
ihatefatkatz said:

There's a video I REALLY want to post in response to this, but it might get be banned.

Why? Just curious, but could you possibly message it to me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
LivingMetal said:

Why? Just curious, but could you possibly message it to me?

See above.  :::Bracing for the ban hammer:::

SpokenTruth said:
If any of you make a decision to no longer purchase the game based on this decision, I pity you.

You take the principle of self-censorship as a greater evil over the objectification and subjugation of an entire gender.

No, you take the principle of a function you don't have to use, as a reason to self-censor, I pity you.  Gaming is not obligatory, a function in a game you disagree with, is not obligatory, your personal preference is not relevant to anyone else, in the world.  And for the record, I wouldn't have used the function, even if I owned a Wii U.  It's not interesting to me.

What is interesting to me is this objectification you're so concerned with, for only one gender.  Which is very typical of this debate.  Butchering male children is fine, divorce law inequality is fine, 92%+ of workplace deaths, and 3 of 4 suicides being male is fine.  But hey, you keep on tooting that non-obligatory functionality in a fictional world horn.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
ihatefatkatz said:

EDIT: Hell.  Here it is.

EDIT2: Deleted. I wimped out.

Don't worry I saw it

My reaction

SpokenTruth said:
mornelithe said:
SpokenTruth said:

No, you take the principle of a function you don't have to use, as a reason to self-censor, I pity you.  Gaming is not obligatory, a function in a game you disagree with, is not obligatory, your personal preference is not relevant to anyone else, in the world.  And for the record, I wouldn't have used the function, even if I owned a Wii U.  It's not interesting to me.

What is interesting to me is this objectification you're so concerned with, for only one gender.  Which is very typical of this debate.  Butchering male children is fine, divorce law inequality is fine, 92%+ of workplace deaths, and 3 of 4 suicides being male is fine.  But hey, you keep on tooting that non-obligatory functionality in a fictional world horn.

You have a point.  And it actually strengthens mine.  The fact the feature was not obligatory only makes the idea that people are more angry at its removal than the implicit underlying cultural issue all the more pitiful.  Thanks.

No, I'm angry at the implications it could have in the future.  The problem with self-censorship is that once it starts, it's really difficult/impossible to say no to it in the future.  Right now, you may not care, in the future it may actually be something you do cherish.  But, it'll be impossible to do anything about, because of situations like this.

SpokenTruth said:
mornelithe said:

No, I'm angry at the implications it could have in the future.  The problem with self-censorship is that once it starts, it's really difficult/impossible to say no to it in the future.  Right now, you may not care, in the future it may actually be something you do cherish.  But, it'll be impossible to do anything about, because of situations like this.

You do realize that Nintendo has been employing self censorship since the NES?   Once it's started?  It began 3 decades ago.

Yeah and?  You think that makes it all ok?  

Since Capcom censored SFV in a new build I think its more down to do with reception in the NA region then anything, don't know whether NA has recently been reacting negatively to such things but it seems companies are toning anything down when they arrive in NA.

Cross this game out from my 'to-be-ordered' list.