By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo censors out the 'Bust slider' from your character creator in Xenoblade X

LivingMetal said:
hershel_layton said:
Did you guys even WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO?

he literally says that after playing the japanese and english version for a crapload of time, there was almost no difference except the censor and boob-slider being taken off.

I mean, damn people. Don't play the game if you're that mad. It's not Nintendo's fault that they have to worry about the feminists creating BS propaganda that they're only appealing to men or whatnot.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me either way since I've custom made all sorts of female Dynasty Warriors character and breast size was never an issue.  Nintendo should leave the bust slider in there and let the feminists bitch all they want.  But they should also put in a crotch slider for male characters so then everyone one would just shut up

So they risk losing sales because of some zombies moaning and sputtering propaganda?

No one wants that. Logic will say that parents may simply avoid this game.

However, the nuts who act for "female equality'' will make many people avoid Nintendo, and make them look like a crappy company.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
LivingMetal said:

Honestly, it doesn't bother me either way since I've custom made all sorts of female Dynasty Warriors character and breast size was never an issue.  Nintendo should leave the bust slider in there and let the feminists bitch all they want.  But they should also put in a crotch slider for male characters so then everyone one would just shut up

So they risk losing sales because of some zombies moaning and sputtering propaganda?

No one wants that. Logic will say that parents may simply avoid this game.

However, the nuts who act for "female equality'' will make many people avoid Nintendo, and make them look like a crappy company.

Logic tells me that if you want to buy the game, you'll buy the game.  If you don't, then you don't.  Either extreme side is stupid, but Nintendo is already loosing a handful of sales because of the censoring, but then again they'll probably loose some sales if they take the other route.  Hey, you gotta draw the line somewhere and stop letting people push you around.  Don't pander, but cater to your audience. 

While i dont aprove any censorship, Lin was understandable.But censoring bust size is ridiculous

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nintendo hates DFC and large busts. Refusing to take a stance in the Boob Wars isn't ok NOA!

But seriously, NOA are full of it.

While I'm likely not going to cancel my preorder, I really want to because of how stupid NOA is choosing to handle this localization.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well I'm buying it, can't understand why this is such a big deal that some no longer want to purchase the game. Still, I don't get why a feature like that had to be cut out, seriously. When's the day the west (mainly north america) finally decides to stop being liberal for trivial topics and conservative for unnecessary things?

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:

Well I'm buying it, can't understand why this is such a big deal that some no longer want to purchase the game. Still, I don't get why a feature like that had to be cut out, seriously. When's the day the west (mainly north america) finally decides to stop being liberal for trivial topics and conservative for unnecessary things?

That's the thing. No one is asking for this happen. NOA is doing it to themselves. T rated games have character customization with bust sliders, and no one has rioted over that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just thinking, this whole think is like a restaurant chain saying "Your city is full of fat people. So we are going to take out all the desserts off of the menu in your city."

Who does Nintendo think they're selling this to?

I'm cancelling my pre-order and using the money to buy more hentai

Gotta love self-censorship, no way I can see this impacting games in the future, nope, not at all.