By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has anyone went full digital on games this gen?

On the ps4 apart from the 2 games I got at launch I've gone 100% digital. I figured I never sell my games so what's the point. It's just so convenient especially with an upgraded HDD

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

I have on Xbone, and was wanting to know if anyone else had. Hard drives are just so much more convenient as far as space, which I was running out of due to my collection of games I have. 

That said I still get physical copies of my Wii U games.

The fact that physical games eat up space on a console's drive is one of my biggest irritations about this gen.  1TB drives should have been the standard sku when XBOne and PS4 launched when game installs became required.  Everyone who bought a system before then (like me) has to buy an external drive now if they want to own more than a handful of games (Or delete games they own to make space and have to reinstall them if they ever want to play them again!). 

I have bought more digitally this gen than I have in any previous gen.  But, I have no plans to go full digital on any platform that doesn't force me to.  I'm a collector and I like having tangible things like books in my library, my comic book collection, and my video games collection (which goes back to Coleco Vision).

ps4 and psvita: full digital.

i'll never buy a disc again.

Mandalore76 said:
bigtakilla said:

I have on Xbone, and was wanting to know if anyone else had. Hard drives are just so much more convenient as far as space, which I was running out of due to my collection of games I have. 

That said I still get physical copies of my Wii U games.

The fact that physical games eat up space on a console's drive is one of my biggest irritations about this gen.  1TB drives should have been the standard sku when XBOne and PS4 launched when game installs became required.  Everyone who bought a system before then (like me) has to buy an external drive now if they want to own more than a handful of games (Or delete games they own to make space and have to reinstall them if they ever want to play them again!). 

I have bought more digitally this gen than I have in any previous gen.  But, I have no plans to go full digital on any platform that doesn't force me to.  I'm a collector and I like having tangible things like books in my library, my comic book collection, and my video games collection (which goes back to Coleco Vision).

I have a pretty vast retro gaming collection too. I got an Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Genisis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Gameboy, Gamegear, Saturn, N64, Playstation, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, PSP, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, XBox, PS3, XBox 360, Wii, 3DS, XBone and Wii U.

The only consoles from the main 4 manufacturers (Nintendo, Sega, XBox, and Playstation) I haven't owned are Virtual Boy, PS4, and Vita.

I would still want physical copies and special editions of games I love like LoZ, and Xeno. Other than that though, I think I'm ready to move on to digital.

*Edit* Oh, and though I don't own it personally, my brother has a Philips CDI and the Zelda games.

I usually like getting the physical versions better, but I do download every games with gold game I don't already have

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
On the ps4 apart from the 2 games I got at launch I've gone 100% digital. I figured I never sell my games so what's the point. It's just so convenient especially with an upgraded HDD

I know, extremely convenient. It's the same experience for me.

Full digital on both Xbox and PS4.

I'm not even all digital on PC yet. I might not have a disc drive but that won't stop me from getting the boxes of the games I really like.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

All digital, the two games I have physically on WiiU annoys me, but I plan on selling them and rebuying digitally. On X1, everything is digital.

vivster said:
I'm not even all digital on PC yet. I might not have a disc drive but that won't stop me from getting the boxes of the games I really like.

But maybe that will be the future of gaming too. Where if you preorder they send you a box, but inside would be an art book and map, ect. Just not a disk.