By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, at the end, Splatoon will outsell Halo 5. HANDS DOWN!

Did you ever think this was possible!?

yes, since E3 2014 64 13.94%

Yes, after Splatoon launch 56 12.20%

Yes, after Halo first week in UK 80 17.43%

I never expected that. wow... 256 55.77%

Total:456

I hope so. That would be awesome.

BTW did you google translate your OP or something? It's really annoying to read.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

you should compare retail to retail and shipment to shipment to get a clearer picture, using splatoon total shipment vs halo or titanfall sold trough retail only seems a little silly and by the way YES!!! we get it Splatoon is a hit no one doubt that anymore you guys don't have to pretend to be shocked every weeks that it's still selling. gg

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
we get it Splatoon is a hit no one doubt that anymore

Oh really?

Splatoon, a game with BIGGER SALES THAN MARIO KART 8, which mean is gonna sell MINIMUM 5 million. 6 million is a realistic prediction. And 7 million are possible.

Then, you see some guys than STILL think this game won't break 4 million. This is too hilarius lol.

So shouldn't we have a reality check here? Splatoon hasn't quite sold 2 million yet according to VGC. Halo 5 will be at almost 2 million, if not at 2 million week 1. Where is this certainly that Splatoon LTD > Halo 5 LTD coming from?

According to an insider at NPD Halo 5 did 935K in the USA in October which includes physical sales and the Halo 5 bundle. Apparently this insider is legit and he seems to have been permission to post limited confirmed info on Neogaf. That plus UK puts Halo 5 over 1 million in the first week from just those two countries. Halo 5 is also big in some of the minor countries and so also with it selling pretty well to whoever has a Xb one in Europe should nudge Halo 5 up against 2 million, in just one week. Even if Halo 5 has the worst legs in Halo history, as well as having had the worst launch week, the game is going to outpace Splatoon. It will overtake Splatoon's LTD within 3 weeks, and it's weekly sales should stay marginally ahead for several months at least.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
So shouldn't we have a reality check here? Splatoon hasn't quite sold 2 million yet according to VGC. Halo 5 will be at almost 2 million, if not at 2 million week 1. Where is this certainly that Splatoon LTD > Halo 5 LTD coming from?

According to an insider at NPD Halo 5 did 935K in the USA in October which includes physical sales and the Halo 5 bundle. Apparently this insider is legit and he seems to have been permission to post limited confirmed info on Neogaf. That plus UK puts Halo 5 over 1 million in the first week from just those two countries. Halo 5 is also big in some of the minor countries and so also with it selling pretty well to whoever has a Xb one in Europe should nudge Halo 5 up against 2 million, in just one week. Even if Halo 5 has the worst legs in Halo history, as well as having had the worst launch week, the game is going to outpace Splatoon. It will overtake Splatoon's LTD within 3 weeks, and it's weekly sales should stay marginally ahead for several months at least.

LMAO.

Are you gonna say Halo 5 has sold 2 million or nearly that only in retail?

935k in the US. 150k in UK. Under 1.1m UK + US.

Those markets are >70% of XB1 sales, and the Halo sales are even bigger in those two markets, robabily around 75-80% of WW sales.

Hell, in Spain Halo 5 was out of the TOP 10 in October! In Italy was #7... Outside US and UK Halo sales were atrocius.

Halo retail only is probabily under 1.5 million, or barely over this. Including digital? Maybe 1.7 million, not more.

You seriusly overestimate Halo if you think USA sales are less than 50%...

And if you wanna know my opinion, Halo has a good chance of surpass Splatoon, but in 2016 Splatoon is gonna sell more.

Halo won't sell 1.5 million in 2016, Splatoon will. If not more.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Still to early to say.... but with Splatoon bundled, who knows? It may sell better than Halo 5 after all

I think the Splatoon bundle would have to sell at PS4 levels for it to have a material effect. I don;t know what people imagine is going to happen with Wii U sales, but it's unlikely that Wii U is going to suddenly skyrocket in sales.

People do realise that Halo 5 is already being bundled with base price Xb one's, like the Holiday bundle, which is a global bundle. It is literally possible that the Xb one Holiday bundle sells more by itself than Wii U total on a weekly basis. If nothing else the bundling efforts will largely cancel each other out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Yeah, yeah... that'll be hard. But you know what... I never doubted about Splatoon's potential and won't start doubting now... I'll be my money on it outselling Halo 5 (or at the very least being close to it). Let's go!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Yeah, yeah... that'll be hard. But you know what... I never doubted about Splatoon's potential and won't start doubting now... I'll be my money on it outselling Halo 5 (or at the very least being close to it). Let's go!

Also, i should rememb you that you won you'r bet with Banana King about Splatoon to outsell Titanfall.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7585604

This thread is going to be funny in some months...

Tim and The Princes...

Ryng_Tolu said:
LipeJJ said:

Also, i should rememb you that you won you'r bet with Banana King about Splatoon to outsell Titanfall.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7585604

Oh, yeah, that's true! I remember how most people thought we were crazy to bet on that. Funny how things change! :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won