Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero looks better now

Thoughts?

Yes it looks better 211 58.94%

Nah it looks the same 100 27.93%

STF and do a barrell roll! 47 13.13%

Total:358
Boberkun said:
Volterra_90 said:

Maybe I missed something when I played the game, or I don't remember, but when W101 uses asynchronous play with the two screens? As fas as I remember, you have the action on the TV and a radar in the Gamepad. 

Tons of them. First puzzle in the Chapter 1, flight in the enemy's spaceship, Fire temple section, frozen temple section within Cube, etc. Almost every chapter have two screens interaction.

Not all the time though, and to be fair, W101 often falls far short of the 60fps SFZ is allegedly targeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpN0rbNzOmw

Around the Network

It looks marginally better during the gameplay portion, possibly because they showed more detailed areas of zones in this trailer. As much as I'd love a great new Star Fox, I'm still on the fence with this game. I feel like the delay is less about making improvements and more about filling a release schedule.

I think graphics look similar good, but there are more things going on screen.

RavenXtra said:
It looks marginally better during the gameplay portion, possibly because they showed more detailed areas of zones in this trailer. As much as I'd love a great new Star Fox, I'm still on the fence with this game. I feel like the delay is less about making improvements and more about filling a release schedule.

Do they really need that though?

#FE is coming on february, Twilight Princess HD on March and Star Fox on April with probably Pokken coming in May...

On the same period this year WiiU had Kirby in feb, Mario Party X in March and Splatoon in May. And the previous year was Tropical Freeze and Mk8.

Is not only more games but higher level of games than this year too. It doesn´t look like they needed to fill that when the WiiU had way longer droughts.

Boberkun said:
Can you stop "60 fps on two screens" excuse? Wonderful 101 already has 60 fps and asynchronous gameplay with two screens and doesn't looks as bad as Star Fox Zero.

W101 does not give on gamepad all the time completely different perspective like Star Fox Zero, also W101 rarely works on 60 fps more the time works on 40 fps and have same have fps drops below that. Star Fox Zero works on locked 60 fps on gamepad and TV. And don't look much better than W101.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
RavenXtra said:

#FE is coming on february, Twilight Princess HD on March and Star Fox on April with probably Pokken coming in May...

On the same period this year WiiU had Kirby in feb, Mario Party X in March and Splatoon in May. And the previous year was Tropical Freeze and Mk8.

Is not only more games but higher level of games than this year too. It doesn´t look like they needed to fill that when the WiiU had way longer droughts.

What. Nintendo doesn't even show it in EU and NA Directs.

Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Now that I look #Fe has no date, I don´t now where I got that from. But they said it would be released early 2016 soon after the Japanese release, so I guess it fits on feb. The thing is in the same period of time there is a bunch of games, and they don´t need to fill nothing compared to previous years.

Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

Now that I look #Fe has no date, I don´t now where I got that from. But they said it would be released early 2016 soon after the Japanese release, so I guess it fits on feb. The thing is in the same period of time there is a bunch of games, and they don´t need to fill nothing compared to previous years.

#FE has no date and no title in the West. Nintendo probably hold this game till september/october just to say "Hey look! We still have Wii U games, it's not dead guys". 

Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

#FE has no date and no title in the West. Nintendo probably hold this game till september/october just to say "Hey look! We still have Wii U games, it's not dead guys". 

You are too pesimistic today. Too much after a fairly good direct tbh.

That can happen but then they didn´t need to fill any gap with Star Fox if they had that gap already filled with #FE

Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

You are too pesimistic today. Too much after a fairly good direct tbh.

That can happen but then they didn´t need to fill any gap with Star Fox if they had that gap already filled with #FE

We waiting 8 months for XenoX only because they need something for chrismas 2015. Last Direct was awful anyway.