Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD looks underwhelming

TPHD looks

Bad... 60 27.40%

TWW artstyle wins again... 53 24.20%

It's not thaaaaat bad, just terrible... 28 12.79%

Textures are ok, I guess? 78 35.62%

Total:219

Looked ok, but yeah, it did not look like true HD. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

This looks better:

It may look better. But you are comparing a clean 1080p picture with a 720p streaming that looks like 360p. And since the biggest improvements on this game are on textures and resolution, a 360p quality like image does not make it justice. Also I think that emulation is running in a much powerful PC that the WiiU hardware.

On the positive side, Zelda U looks fabulous.

Goodnightmoon said:

Also I think that emulation is running in a much powerful PC that the WiiU hardware.

You raise good points. I do want to note though that the Wii U should be able to match or outperform Dolphin at 1080p. A port will always run much more easily and accurately than a generalized emulator, and the Wii U has a closer architecture to the Wii (the cpu is pretty much the same microarchitecture) than a PC running Dolphin. If Dolphin were an emulator designed for the Wii U and the creators of the emulator had the documentation of both the Wii and Wii U, the emulator would probably outperform Dolphin on most x86 PCs. GPU power might be an issue, but the Wii U has shown that 1080p with alright textures isn't something it can't handle. 

sc94597 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Also I think that emulation is running in a much powerful PC that the WiiU hardware.

You raise good points. I do want to note though that the Wii U should be able to match or outperform Dolphin at 1080p. A port will always run much more easily and accurately than a generalized emulator, and the Wii U has a closer architecture to the Wii (the cpu is pretty much the same microarchitecture) than a PC running Dolphin. If Dolphin were an emulator designed for the Wii U and the creators of the emulator had the documentation of both the Wii and Wii U, the emulator would probably outperform Dolphin on most x86 PCs. GPU power might be an issue, but the Wii U has shown that 1080p with alright textures isn't something it can't handle. 

It could be better but we cannot expect a game like this with 2k or 4k textures at 1080p with full antialiasing, anisotropic filter and all that jazz. Those textures seem unrealistic for the hardware in a game like this imo. I think what feels outdated on the game is the overly simple geometry and the overall design, but that´s mostly because this is a remaster of a 2006 game.

Around the Network

Looks like they have caught up to 2007.

I really hope this is a joke. That doesn't look like much of an improvement. I think someone here could do better on a dolphin emulator and throw in a few skyrim type mods.

But hey, doesn't everyone want to buy little plastic figures?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It looks like any other HD port from 2 gens ago.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I don't like to bitch but man, it looks God-awful... Not much effort put into the way it looks, but that is okay because now they also have amiibo....

1doesnotsimply

Yeah, I'll be skipping this.

game looks fine to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick