TPHD looks

Bad... 60 27.40%

TWW artstyle wins again... 53 24.20%

It's not thaaaaat bad, just terrible... 28 12.79%

Textures are ok, I guess? 78 35.62%

Total:219
cycycychris said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Interesting comparison between media pictures of Temple of Time vs Dolphin emulation founded by Gaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185275598&postcount=743

Guess which is which (or click the Linkle above).

U on rightWow, I really like what they did with the triforce in the middle. I really wish they remade those ugly ground textures.

Does it really scare anyone else about what they are using the amiibo for? I'm really worried Hero Mode will be locked behind Link.This makes me think that amiibo are going to impede on the content that was originally planned and they are not taking it out for these figures.

It sounds like, according to the direct, they're adding write feature to TPHD. So something in the game allows users to save to an amiibo, and again according to the direct transfer that data to Zelda U. 

So, while it looks really underwhelming, something tells me they're adding a decent bit more to make up for the poor graphics. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Yes, it's quite underwhelming! Not gonna buy this HD-port

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Here I posted some high quality pics of the game compared with the Wii version:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210203&page=1#

Definitely looks better.

I'm not sure if i will buy it. It looks underwhelming.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Kinda expected honestly. Tantalus is a Western studio and Nintendo was never going to let a foreign Western studio "fully remake" one of their classic EAD Japan-made Zelda titles.

You need to understand how Japanese game politics (specifically conservative Kyoto-based Nintendo) works and then this is all fairly predictable.

The only thing a Western studio would be allowed to do would be to basically port the game to the Wii U with the increased resolution, but a "remake" ... no siree bob. Not unless it was a Japanese studio tightly overseen by EAD.

It was an ugly game before, why would HD change that?

It was never a pretty game, even back in '06. Which is why I don't understand why people are so desperate for "realistic Zelda?" Give me a TWW or Zelda U look anyday. That said, it looks like improving the resoultion really is about all they did. It doesn't look like they rebuilt the graphics in the way they did for TWWHD, which is odd since TP needed its graphics rebuilt a lot more than TWW did due to TP's dated look.

DanneSandin said:
Yes, it's quite underwhelming! Not gonna buy this HD-port

Maybe your family will give you as a present, like Triforce Heroes.

ktay95 said:
Lol I was sitting there just waiting for them to switch to the HD version and then I was loke wait that is the HD version O_O Very disappointed. Will stick with the much better looking Dolphin version of the game.

Same here. I was like: "what? is that all?"

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I was underwhelmed when I watched the Direct but I'm just going to wait and see for now. Seeing the game run in 1080p at 60fps will be a big improvement. If they tweak some annoying stuff in the game I'll buy it.

To me Twilight Princess is a better game than Wind Waker. It may have aged worse but the game itself was really grand and epic back in the day. Looking forward to play it again on a big TV in full HD. But this one definitely would have deserved the full remake treatment instead of just higher resolution and textures.