By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

GribbleGrunger said:
Dark_Feanor said:
I wonder why is so easy for people to belive in these BS insiders. They can´t do even basic algebra

Do we really have to start every sentence with 'If this is true, then ...' or can it be implicit no one is investing 100% in what this guy is saying? In the mean time:

It would be good. It´s a valid exercise:

If true then MS lied about the $400mi revenue.

If true then Digital is 80% of sales.

If true then Sofware revenue droped 50% YoY.... 

Because, either here or at Neogaf I can´t tell who is taking these numbers seriously or trolling.

Around the Network

If Syndicate at 3 sell only 391, NDC at 9 it's a disaster

Dark_Feanor said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Because, either here or at Neogaf I can´t tell who is taking these numbers seriously or trolling.

We already knew MS PR was 100% BS spin. It was obvious from the get go, if some didn't want to accept it that's their problem.

They included 2 weeks of hardware (and who knows how broad their definition of HW was), they used the wrong attach ratios for their Halo claim, among other semantic tricks.

iTzCharlie said:
If Syndicate at 3 sell only 391, NDC at 9 it's a disaster

What about digital? 

Dark_Feanor said:

It's not somehing to get bent out of shape over though. You always get some people who will take any information as 'absolute' confirmation when the sensible thing is to just see it as a possiblly true. This guy hasn't been stopped yet which leads me to believe the mods are either happy with his figures (they already know he's right) or just haven't spotted him yet (which is unlikely but also possible). Until then, in order to stop conversation becoming flimsy it's easier just to discuss it as is and understand the sensible people aren't saying it's a fact. It just makes for a better framing for debate until he gets verified.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Halo 5 < 1M
WTF... Never thought that this would happen...

So then every game that launched in October flopped?

H3ADShOt3 said:
So then every game that launched in October flopped?

I hate the word 'flopped'. They did badly.

The PS5 Exists. 

Seems like NPD_George is being way to free with information to be legit. If all he posted was the hardware bar graph I might be inclined to think he could be legit. But he's also posting software numbers, I think that is more information than NPD would be willing to put into the public domain.

I'm also suspicious of his "here's some information to add to your console wars" type statement. If this guy was legit and had the blessing of NPD to hand out info it would be pretty unprofessional for him to be writing such phrases.

And we already kinda know all the info he's stated other than the AC:S number.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Also, where is MS's $400 million from Halo 5 coming from? With around 1 million in physical game sales coming from the USA and only some % of 305K as direct hardware revenue, where's the rest of the revenue coming from? Has the world outside of the USA suddenly become a far more popular place than the USA for Halo?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix