By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

I'd say this is confirmation that NPDGeorge is legitimate:

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

What a time to be alive.

After so much time in the cave, staring at shadows, NeoGAF is now free to stare at the light of truth. It will burn your eyes at first, and you may want to return to the comfort of the cave. But fear not! Your eyes will slowly adjust to the sun and you will never again wish to return to the darkness.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

I'd say this is confirmation that NPDGeorge is legitimate:

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

What a time to be alive.

After so much time in the cave, staring at shadows, NeoGAF is now free to stare at the light of truth. It will burn your eyes at first, and you may want to return to the comfort of the cave. But fear not! Your eyes will slowly adjust to the sun and you will never again wish to return to the darkness.

Wow. Is it a modern version of Plato's story about the cave?

any one is suggesting that you're partial to either side, you only have a behavior not in line with a moderator in this particular post. In any case if you think you should moderate it, so do not threats. And I say this with all  respect.

Oh my. So this will probably be the poorest selling Halo main game. Maybe the franchise is just aging.

This is two confirmation now. I think he's legitimate:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
bananaking21 said:

they probably felt pressured to release a PR statement or people would have thought it would have under performed. they probably knew what people would know the numbers, so they threw them off with the 400 million PR, which you are still going to see people use. and fanboys use

Well I think majority of their customers and gamers don't read their PR or even follow sales so feeling pressured just seems unreasonable. And if they were going to do their PR with shipped in $´s why include hardware at all? Yeah sure 400 million is impressive number to throw around, but it just backfired.

its just a spin, to try make it seem like it did better than previous halo games. so they can say its the "biggest launch in halo history".

Now that it seems that the dust have settled, NOT an impressive month. My first thought was "Wow! The Xbox One outsold the PS4." The 81% increase in and of itself was pretty impressive. But when I finally realized that Microsoft had to pull out all the stops to get there and considering that Halo 5 did not launch nowhere near previously installments, what else can they do short of giving the One away to out "sell" the PS4? Every month cannot be a "Halo 5" month. For the sake of the console industry as a whole, I just hope it's just pre-Black Friday angst We'll see.

GribbleGrunger said:

This is two confirmation now. I think he's legitimate:

So under 1m is with bundle copies but without digital then?

captain carot said:

So under 1m is with bundle copies but without digital then?

The digital sales wouldn't be much help because the Bundles came with a digital copy of the game.

The PS5 Exists. 

pitzy272 said:
No way it's true. Halo must've done at least 1.5-2mill

How much does nba typically do?

This is most likely what it actually did. If it surpassed NBA 2K16, it went well over the 1M barrier...

If anything, it seems most people either went digital or were people who already owned the XONE...