By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

AsGryffynn said:

This is most likely what it actually did. If it surpassed NBA 2K16, it went well over the 1M barrier...

If anything, it seems most people either went digital or were people who already owned the XONE...

People didn't have a choice. The bundles came with a digital copy of the game.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

OP updated with everything we know!

AsGryffynn said:
pitzy272 said:
No way it's true. Halo must've done at least 1.5-2mill

How much does nba typically do?

This is most likely what it actually did. If it surpassed NBA 2K16, it went well over the 1M barrier...

If anything, it seems most people either went digital or were people who already owned the XONE...

This is NBA's second month, it already sold 1.1 million in September.

So halo 5 really did sell less than 1 million physical copies, but probably over a million with digital then? Still, even with an improbably huge digital ratio that would amount to a considerable drop for the franchise.

GribbleGrunger said:
captain carot said:

So under 1m is with bundle copies but without digital then?

The digital sales wouldn't be much help because the Bundles came with a digital copy of the game.

All bundle copies are digital. My Halo MCC was digital too. But people have been buying more games digital. Note that i'm not talking about 100% of retail copies please.

But 20%+ seems likely. Everything over 40% would be hyperunrealistic though.

Around the Network

If Halo 5 sales continue to drive xb1 system sales it will look similar for November... it's close enough that it could have gone either way honestly.

GribbleGrunger said:

The internet is frigin' ridiculous. Sony announce 29.3m shipped PS4s and up their target for this fiscal year by 1m and people call consoles dead just because of one bad month. Jesus Christ, I wouldn't want any of those people beside me in a real battle, they'd be flapping like a schoolboy every time they saw someone with a stick in their hand.

I think the price cut did great for the PS4.  The only problem?  Most of those people preordered the COD and SW bundles.  I know I would with it only being a month away from launch.  Have to wait til Nov to test that theory, though.

Yikes, Halo did really bad. I had a feeling it would sell much less than previous games, but didn't think it would be this low. Will it even sell 6m lifetime?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

episteme said:

What? NPD officially posting at NeoGAF? I can't believe it! Could it be fake?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185308652&postcount=2812

Well he said "You can refer to the following Excel bar graph I produced for the Neo GAF"

According to IGN: "The Wii U console also saw an increase in sales of 40% over last October. According to Nintendo, sales "have increased more than 20 percent in the first 10 months of 2015," compared to the same time period last year.

This jump in sales is no doubt being driven by Super Mario Maker bundles. In fact, according to the NPD Group, if software had been ranked on a SKU-basis, "NWU Super Mario Maker would rank in the top 10" in software numbers for the month.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/13/wii-u-sales-way-up-amiibo-sales-at-800000-for-october"

And in this graph it's down YoY, so Idk

Lucas_ said:

According to IGN: "The Wii U console also saw an increase in sales of 40% over last October. According to Nintendo, sales "have increased more than 20 percent in the first 10 months of 2015," compared to the same time period last year.

That's weird because Nintendo reported in their financial report that the Wii U is down YoY in the US. Maybe they confused software and hardware, Wii U software is better than last year.