By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Yoshi made it into the list!!! :D :D :D

Around the Network

ZhugeEX ‏@ZhugeEX · 14m14 minutes ago
Amiibo sales have exceeded 9 million in the US with more than 800,000 units being sold through in October.

Retweets

Corentin Billemont Mr.Inferno(the real1

5:41 PM - 12 Nov 2015 · Details

 Reply

 Retweet

Holy sh@t... Amiibo at 9m LTD  with 800k amiibos sold-through in the USA just in October! I don't dare to imagine the sales of this crazy thing on black Friday and holidays.

:O:O:O:O:O:O

jason1637 said:
OneKartVita said:

So all the x1 pre orders from before October that get counted in October are not sales?  Yes of course they are.  It's a fact that many people bought or pre ordered ps4's that won't count until November. 

The pre orders that got cancled arent counted as sales. 

I bet a lot of people did but lets not forget that the bundles didn't have as much pre-orders as destiny white bundle last year.

Jason you need to stop dude.

Ok, find positive reason and excuses for Xbox failings but stop with the negative excuse to tread on PS4s failings.

Pre orders count, a small percentage cancel but that doesn't mean that you can ignore preorders. It's the same level of excuse you come up with in favour of the XB1.

uncharted was bundled pretty heavily though
its also a remaster , MCC debuted at number 10 last year btw
remaster sales aren't meant to be that great
surprised at how well yoshi, but that kinda makes uncharted numbers seem underwhelming ( and fw on vgchartz for US needs to be adjusted down , unless bundle sales were included )

jason1637 said:
LipeJJ said:
So... Yoshi did better than Uncharted and close to Destiny Taken King on many platforms combinaed? That's something unexpected to say the least!

One word "amiibo"

Yes, I'm sure amiibo helped. I always say NIntendo should've launched the Wii U with amiibo support... maybe it would be a bit more successful. Still, it's impressive for a Yoshi game!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Everyone is celebrating the wealth of a corporation, which doesn't pay taxes at all and due for it's high inflation, your economy takes a hit and your country is sinking deeper into despair of bankruptcy.

You all are celebrating your own downfall and you are proud of it.

Sony is doing the same, but USA's economy isn't their problem, i am sure Sony pays their taxes and helps Japan's economy as we speak.

When the world ends, it doesn't end with a boom, it ends in celebration.

If you think i might be over-exaggerating, it's not my fault that you haven't paid attention to anything except gaming.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

ZhugeEX said:
Aeolus451 said:

I won't take his word for it.

Why's that?

Anyway, thought you guys might be interested in this chart. Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero Live debuted at number 10 and 11 last month. Here is how rhythm genre games have performed in terms of revenue generation in the past. It doesn't look like the trend is going to be broken in any significant way on console.

Well, I don't know you so I won't just take just your word on info/numbers without any sources. *Shrugs

tak13 said:

ZhugeEX ‏@ZhugeEX · 14m14 minutes ago
Amiibo sales have exceeded 9 million in the US with more than 800,000 units being sold through in Octob

Boutros said:
binary solo said:
OK. Pretty sure I have almost exact PS4 number assuming Xb one 305K is pretty much correct to within 1000
Based on NPD PR from the venture beat article:
"Console hardware sales increased by 3 percent over October 2014,” he said. “This was due entirely to [Xbox One and PlayStation 4] generation sales, which rose by 12 percent to offset the 66 percent decrease in hardware sales for last generation consoles.”

PS4+Xbone is 12% up on PS4+Xb one Oct 2014.
Oct 2014 Xb one + PS4 *12% = 553,831-305K (Xb one) = 248,851 for PS4.

Better than the 230K extrapolated from Zhuge's deleted tweet, but not much better. 50K down YoY which is almost 20%. But I am surprised NPD didn't comment that PS4 is down YoY while Xb one is up. So the fact is all hardware is down bar Xb one. But somehow NDP/VB decided to say PS4+Xb one is up YoY. Weird and quite misleading.

Problem is we can't be sure whether they mean actual units sold or revenue in these comments.

If Zhuge actually has numbers. And the 8th gen home console cumulative is in the low 600's despite his tweet being wrong by saying ~600K and being deleted it does seem to point to PS4 being in the 250K range. And a 12% hardware numbers increase (rather than revenue) seems to align with that. Still you are right that paragraph might be about revenue rather than unit sales. The implication of only a 12% revenue increase is quite complex because on the one had we have a lot of Halo LE bundles being sold at a high price, but we also have 3 weeks of PS3 $50 price cut (which is a 12.5% price cut per unit sold). So Xb one will have significantly higher revenue YoY because of much higer unit sales and [probably] higher average revenue per unit. PS4 will have lower revenue YoY even if unit sales are flat. But I don't know if that makes things worse for PS4 or better.

I guess NPD doesn't want too much PR out there mentioning relative unit sales because then it becomes too easy to work out actual sales. And that then devalues the data they are trying to make money from.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

The pre orders that got cancled arent counted as sales. 

I bet a lot of people did but lets not forget that the bundles didn't have as much pre-orders as destiny white bundle last year.

Jason you need to stop dude.

Ok, find positive reason and excuses for Xbox failings but stop with the negative excuse to tread on PS4s failings.

Pre orders count, a small percentage cancel but that doesn't mean that you can ignore preorders. It's the same level of excuse you come up with in favour of the XB1.

I don't understand what you mean? Both consoles did way below my expectation but i said ps4 failed because of next month. Ps4 will beast during November and December.