By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

LudicrousSpeed said:
Wow, was not expecting Xbone to win.

your pricecut trumps game release prediction failed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Oh, and it's the first time in ages that Minecraft didn't chart.

binary solo said:
OK. Pretty sure I have almost exact PS4 number assuming Xb one 305K is pretty much correct to within 1000
Based on NPD PR from the venture beat article:
"Console hardware sales increased by 3 percent over October 2014,” he said. “This was due entirely to [Xbox One and PlayStation 4] generation sales, which rose by 12 percent to offset the 66 percent decrease in hardware sales for last generation consoles.”

PS4+Xbone is 12% up on PS4+Xb one Oct 2014.
Oct 2014 Xb one + PS4 *12% = 553,831-305K (Xb one) = 248,851 for PS4.

Better than the 230K extrapolated from Zhuge's deleted tweet, but not much better. 50K down YoY which is almost 20%. But I am surprised NPD didn't comment that PS4 is down YoY while Xb one is up. So the fact is all hardware is down bar Xb one. But somehow NDP/VB decided to say PS4+Xb one is up YoY. Weird and quite misleading.

Problem is we can't be sure whether they mean actual units sold or revenue in these comments.

depressing sales... congrats to X1 to edging out, and a kick in the but of the pre-order consoles for November.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jason1637 said:
OneKartVita said:

So you're telling me that Halo fans who pre ordered the limited edition halo bundle before October cancelled it for a different bundle?  Just no.  

And you're telling me that people who pre-ordered the limited star wars or bo3 ps4 cancelled it to buy a bundle that's less appealing?  Just no.  

We both know this isn't true.  

Well you asked me why someone would cancel a pre-order and i told you common reasons why.

I asked you why as in why would the majority cancel.  I point out the facts.  Halo bundle pre orders,  BO3 and the two star wars pre orders and you replied with I bet most of them cancel anyway.  

Around the Network

People talking about UC collection flopping as if UC collection is somehow the big software for PS4 for the hoildays. It's a last gen remaster. No one cares if it sells or not. It's main utility is in giving hardware bundles some added value at almost no actual cost to Sony.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Gamz said:
LipeJJ said:
So... Yoshi did better than Uncharted and close to Destiny Taken King on many platforms combinaed? That's something unexpected to say the least!

That's easily the most surprising thing this NPD.   I'm surprised because I thought Uncharted was really popular and it would chart really well.

It did chart really well what the hell are you talking about ? it's a collection what did you expect 2m first week ??  for comparison TLOUR did 688k first week and Halo MCC did 900k first week so i don't know why do you think this is bad for a collection.

kurasakiichimaru said:
jason1637 said:

If the x1 won by how much?

Even if Zhuge knows the tea/data he won't say it because NPD's gonna hunt his ass like Ellie did during the TLOU Winter Episode. Lol

I know but i had to try lol.

sub-zero-TM said:
Gamz said:

That's easily the most surprising thing this NPD.   I'm surprised because I thought Uncharted was really popular and it would chart really well.

It did chart really well what the hell are you talking about ? it's a collection what did you expect 2m first week ??  for comparison TLOUR did 688k first week and Halo MCC did 900k first week so i don't know why do you think this is bad for a collection.

Okay, how much did it sell?  Do you have the numbers?  I doubt it sold near TLOUR or MCC.

I think everyone has this feeling like October failled us, we were all so excited expecting bonker numbers for PS4 and XOne, and we get PS3 with maybe 250k and XOne barely over 300k... shame on you October.