By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Instead of looking forward to a winner we got to see both did poorly for October. I'd still like to see what Halo did in software sales though.

Around the Network

for reference 

Halo 3 month - 527.8K X360
Halo 4 month - 1260K X360
Halo 5 month - 305k XBO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185250185&postcount=500

celador said:
Zhuge is saying

X1 + PS4 + Wii U = ~600k

Tweet deleted.

The internet is frigin' ridiculous. Sony announce 29.3m shipped PS4s and up their target for this fiscal year by 1m and people call consoles dead just because of one bad month. Jesus Christ, I wouldn't want any of those people beside me in a real battle, they'd be flapping like a schoolboy every time they saw someone with a stick in their hand.

The PS5 Exists. 

Halo 5 month - 305k XBO

Also X1 sold more titanfall month than halo 5 month. And titanfall was also on 360.

PS4 numbers are lowish but remember that it had 2 star wars bundles and 1 BO3 bundle that sold very well throughout October but won't be counted until November.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Machina said:

Fuck off. No, I don't.

I'm happy to accept all sorts of criticism for the software sales since taking them over. It's been a mighty learning curve and I've made plenty of mistakes over the last couple of weeks. You can criticise those mistakes or argue that the extrapoaltions from the samples we receive are well off all you like, but I'm not going to be accused of making the figures up on a whim on our own website. I'm doing my best and hope to improve the accuracy of the figures over time and to make timely adjustments based on official data once I'm given that functionality.

I don't really know who you are or what you do, except from cursing me out on the forums. I do however know that VGC extrapolates numbers out of thin air, as we learned from the entire Spiderman XOne debacle, when they extrapolated sales numbers for a game that hasn't even released. Or how they extrapolated numbers of Borderlands 2 on Vita when that game was available only in a bundle and gotten an about 900% sales difference.

Or numerous other times when VGC had to go back and adjust their numbers by 100% or more after official announcements. 

Maybe you are not making numbers up straight away, but your numbers are atrocious and unreliable, laughable at the least. Nice of you to put up an effort, but I do not have to accept your poor attempts at extrapolating crappy numbers from poor sources.

Keep up the poor work, you are obviously not qualified to do better.

Very deserved ban.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GribbleGrunger said:

The internet is frigin' ridiculous. Sony announce 29.3m shipped PS4s and up their target for this fiscal year by 1m and people call consoles dead just because of one bad month. Jesus Christ, I wouldn't want any of those people beside me in a real battle, they'd be flapping like a schoolboy every time they saw someone with a stick in their hand.

I'm assuming the comments about the industry as a whole are jokes.

But, looking at this one market for this one month, it is pretty bad.

manny10032 said:

for reference 

Halo 4 month - 1260K X360
Halo 5 month - 305k XBO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185250185&postcount=500

Nothing for MS to celebarate about.This is proof of Halo's decline in popularity,which is why they gave irrelevant data and that BS PR statement last week.Halo debuting on the 360 the first time had a bigger impact and Halo 5 can not even beat Titanfall.

x1 did good when we consider that it had to fight against a ps4 price cut.

celador said:
Zhuge is saying

X1 + PS4 + Wii U = ~600k

That would put the PS4 at ~230k. Can't say I expected the sales being THAT bad