By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

poklane said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
poklane said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/12/october-saw-xbox-one-at-the-top-of-console-sales
XB1 = 304k
PS4 < 304k

Awful month for Sony IMO, a decline in sales or a very small increase while having a price drop.

COD and SW bundles though.

Max of 7k increase (that would be a tie) with a $50 pricedrop. Awful no matter how you look at it unless I'm missing something huge here.

For PS4, not really since the same happened with April when Batman bundle was announced late March, for XB1, that's bad cause its Halo Month.

Around the Network
celador said:
mornelithe said:

lol why?  They nearly tied in Halo 5's launch month without any major launches of their own, with the very next month being November w/ CoD, SW and Black Friday.

Just joking, it is what people say every time PS4 loses

Ahh ok, I mean, they both seem to be semi-decent numbers if you take Halo 5 out, esp being the month before CoD/SW and BF, but I thought Halo would drive HW sales higher than that, honestly.  And I didn't expect a Sony win this month, I'm surprised they're as close as they are, honestly.

Still no official numbers since MS no longer gives X1 numbers.If everyone is guessing than nothing is confirmed.This makes NPD useless now.

Sony should had made a 100$ price cut not a a 50$

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Terrible terrible month, even more terrible for the PS4 who had a price cut. Now I get why no PR is out yet. Both company should have nothing to celebrate. MS at least can see this as a "moral win", But that is all. I can't believe we are getting those numbers out of the most epic Amazon thread out there (the thread over 2000 posts).

Around the Network

Guys, calm down. You don't go from selling 30M sold in less than 2 years to dying.

So, videogame consoles are going downhill.

I think I'll chalk this up to a very strong November for Sony.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So, according to VGC numbers for September 2007, X360 sold about 90000 more hardware units than X1 did in October of 2015. Not fantastic, but not bad. Also, amazing growth YOY, but I still don't rule out that this could be a peek year for the 8th Gen.

Ka-pi96 said:
mornelithe said:
celador said:
Hopefully this defeat will stop Sony being so complacent.

lol why?  They nearly tied in Halo 5's launch month without any major launches of their own, with the very next month being November w/ CoD, SW and Black Friday.

Uncharted is pretty major, or at least it was supposed to be...

I never considered it as such, great games, but they're just remasters w/o MP, not that big a deal.  And weren't other PS4 bundles trending higher than the NDC bundle at basically all times?  Or am I rewriting history in my brain?

Edit: Nvm, rewriting it in my brain, NDC was #19 for October