By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

#34: New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U

Platform

By the time New Super Mario Bros. U was announced, the "New" series was seeing some fatigue (seeing as New Super Mario Bros. 2 had come out that same year) and it wasn't exactly seen in the same light as the previous 2D Mario games like the original, 3, and World. For many users, me included, the New series played second fiddle to the all time classic Mario games of yore. So while I was still going to pick up the game, I wasn't exactly "TEH HYPED!" for it. But once I started playing, it was clear that U was their most ambitious and quality title since world. With gorgeous backdrops, and awesome world map (it's the small things that help), amazing level design, and fun new powerups. Combine that with the wonderfully hectic addition of New Super Luigi U and you have an incredible package that even rivals the best that Mario has to offer.

Around the Network

#33: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Action

The TimeSplitters franchise is easily my favorite classic shooter franchise. 2 and Future Perfect are both the complete packages. An incredibly diverse and engaging single player campaign full of humor ("It's time to SPLIT!"), horror (the haunted mansion level was creeeepy), and tense gunplay. A wonderful cast of characters headed by the hilarious Sgt. Cortez, with dozens of characters to pick with unique stats and characteristics (Favorite: Deadwinda). An awesome array of weapons from the past and future, with dual wielding flare guns always leading to hilarity. A plethora of incredible modes (Virus being my favorite). A stage creation tool that led to awesome shenanigans (WHO WANTS TO PLAY BUMPER CARS?!). Future Perfect had it all. I wish current games (*cough Battlefront cough*) would learn that the bar has been set high a long time ago, with TimeSplitters: Future Pefect being among those shooters sitting on the mountaintop.

#32: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Strategy

If Path of Radiance started my fandom of the Fire Emblem series, then Radiant Dawn cemented it. The game continued the story started in Path, but this time the entire continent's fate was at stake. Everything was bigger, better, and more in depth than ever before. Each act could have been it's own game, with you controlling different armies, factions, and even pitting you against an army you were previously controlling. The stakes had never been higher, and I couldn't put down the controller. By the end of it all, heroes banded together and gods collided to seal the fate of the world. It was an adventure like none other, and I couldn't wait to do it all over again. All that said, I can't wait for Fates! :D

Hint for #31:

Thanks to this beloved man's talents, the world grew twice as big. We'll miss you. :(

Smeags said:

Hint for #31:

Thanks to this beloved man's talents, the world grew twice as big. We'll miss you. :(

Pokemon Gold/Silver

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Smeags said:

Hint for #31:

Pokemon Gold/Silver

You were too quick for me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

*salutes*

Hint 2 time:

Due to recent developments concerning the ownership of this massive franchise, the canonicity of the main character in this game (and everyone else's naturally), as well as the events portrayed, have sadly become a point of concern. In this game, the main character recklessly seeks out a force he laid down in the previous game to avenge the supposed death of his partner. Unknowingly however, this leads the main antagonist to this same secret valley as well, so he can have his troops reborn in his image.

Hint 2: The words "force", "valley" and "reborn" in the first hint are important to consider.

S.Peelman said:
Hint 2 time:

Due to recent developments concerning the ownership of this massive franchise, the canonicity of the main character in this game (and everyone else's naturally), as well as the events portrayed, have sadly become a point of concern. In this game, the main character recklessly seeks out a force he laid down in the previous game to avenge the supposed death of his partner. Unknowingly however, this leads the main antagonist to this same secret valley as well, so he can have his troops reborn in his image.

Hint 2: The words "force", "valley" and "reborn" in the first hint are important to consider.

The force unleashed 2?

Hint for the #30: Successful on its first run, even more successful on its second run.