By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

CWegzz said:
Hint #37: This was the first game in this series to be localized to the west from Japan.

Fire Emblem 7

Around the Network

#37 - The title character is not the villain for the majority of the game, but an omega form comes as the final boss.

Clyde32 said:
CWegzz said:
Hint #37: This was the first game in this series to be localized to the west from Japan.

Fire Emblem 7

Correct

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Teeqoz said:
Cloudman said:

Alright, hint 36...? Hmm, it's an RPG with it's own unique RPG system, which allows the player to freely move and attack the enemies with their assigned move pools. Also, it has a cool conversation system where the characters will just start conversation with each other, letting us learn abit more about them, and see some funny moments x ) And, I am playing this now in an ongoing let's play on the site with other VGC members x )

Hint 40. It's a game of 4 people where you can't iron man it alone. You will die, and they will laugh at you o: Also, it's a zombie game.... >_> And a guy there is crazy for pills. And there are specials with their own unique attacks...

Is #40 Left 4 Dead (or LEft 4 Dead 2)?

#36 is Tales of Symphonia (I'm pretty sure that's the game you guys are let's playing)

Pin pon~ : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

S.Peelman said:
uran10 said:
The hero could shrink himself with the power of a hat.

Zelda The Minish Cap.

Correct

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

#37: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Platform

Despite the awesome name (as it's a play on Diddy's Conquest... and some even mix it up for Diddy Kong's Quest), you actually don't play as Donkey Kong at all. In fact, you're trying to save him as Diddy Kong and the awesome newcomer Dixie Kong (Who's my favorite of the two. The helicopter hair was a lifesaver). The game ranks among Rare's greatest gaming achievments, which says a lot when you take a look at their development catalogue. Varied, ingrossing, and perfectly challenging level design, tight responsive controls, awesome music (AWESOME MUSIC), and bright, colorful graphics make the whole package a treat from beginning to end. Recently, my roommate and I spent hours together playing this game, and it was a joyous moment when we finally defeated King K. Rool and saved Donkey Kong. The game holds up magnificently, and that says a lot about the inherent quality of the game.

Hint for #36:

Atlas Shrugged

(It was more clever in my head)

Smeags said:
Hint for #36:

Atlas Shrugged

(It was more clever in my head)

Bioshock.

Signature goes here!

At the start of this list when I mentioned I would include five games that were important to my start and growth as a gamer, I also mentioned there was a sixth game that actually deserved to be in a list like this. That sixth game is 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past', and I doubt anyone would disagree with the statement. The game is considered a classic by many, and it really is for good reason.

The game is a milestone in the series, setting a lot of it's lore and style in stone, but is also a milestone in it's genre and among it's peers on the Super Nintendo. In the game Link is called upon in his sleep by Princess Zelda who has been put in the dungeons of the castle by "Agahnim", a sorcerer that has betrayed and killed the king. Unbeknownst yet, is that Agahnim is actually the evil Ganon in disguise. The 'King of Thieves' has escaped the confines of the ethereal Sacred Realm where he had been imprisoned ages before. Descendants of those that sealed him have been kidnapped and are being sacrificed, in a bid to find the sacred Triforce, which grants the user the power of the goddesses that left it, when they created the world.

I used to think the game was impossible to beat, literally, and that the final boss Ganon, was immortal. Until I discovered my aunt actually beat the game. I was still a young child however, and I was mostly playing on her file without really knowing what was going on since I still lacked any real knowledge of the English language. Besides playing her file, I started like a dozen new ones just to see the rain at the game's start again and again. The game made a huge impression on me however, and the series would forever stay in my mind as my absolute favorite video game series.

She isn't "Gone in 60 Seconds", but rather in 60 minutes, you better be done with this game.