By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

How can people be so sure that there is a heaven? Where is the evidence? And I mean real evidence none of this "we have a soul (which is also not proven or disproven) therefore there must be a heaven".

Around the Network
kazadoom said:
Magnific0 said:
@kazadoom

Morals are subjective.

I would say the only universal thing that people of all cultures agree with is that "doing anything that hurts other people is defined as wrong" (that includes killing, stealing, etc.) And not even that is always "wrong" it all depends. Killing and stealing, for example is considered morally accepted depending the circumstances. It's all subjective.

How could anyone with no knowledge of right or wrong just make it up some day?  Why do animals not act this way?  If right and wrong is all subjective, then how can there even be laws?  How would have people ever universally agreed on these things if everything was subjective to everyone? 

Because Law has nothing to do with right and wrong and everything to do with order.

@magnific0....of course we have souls. What is a soul? Our intellect, volition, emotions, desires, appetites. Everyone has a soul. What is the spirit then? of a man. Ahhh this here goes much deeper. It's the most inner part of a human being. This is the part of a man that communes with God. This is the part of a man that is dead and can only be revived through what christians call the "new birth experience". This is why kazadoom they cannot see, because they are not alive. They are dead to God. That is why he said that "I am the light". That is why we gloriously claim "I was once blind, but now I see". This is why we weep before a loving and merciful God. When we were not worthy of his redemption, and only worthy of His wrath and an eternal Hell, but mercy and grace kissed and praise God in the highest that I was caught between the two. Thank you Jesus: you have taken captive my life, intellect, volition, emotions, desires, appetites. This is why you are Jesus lover of my SOUL.

On topic

Here are the answers so far (not including those who don't believe in heaven)

youjiro said:
if your asking honestly, i actually don't know. but my personal opinion is that u dnt get into heaven by just going church, to be hoenst i dnt think church is THAT important, i think you have to do more then that or live in a certain way

and yes that is such a vague answer but thats all i got

luinil said:
I think he just doesn't want people to attack him before they post their own views. That is how I see it. Anyways as I believe that there is only one thing that needs to be done: Accept Jesus Christ's sacrifice of his life for your sins. Repent in this way and you get it, at least that is my view. People are entitled to other views and I obviously can't change them. Good day people.

Dogs Rule said:
In my view, the path to heaven is one of compassion. It is therefore accessible to people of any religion. This compassion should extend to all forms of life.

kenzomatic said:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6

I personly agree with luinil.

ph4nt said:
But anyway, i think just being a good person gets you into heaven, not believing in a certain someone, not going to church or praying or any of tha. Just be a good hearted person.

redspear said:

Since you are asking my opinion. I believe the way to get to Heaven is to be at true peace with yourself. What I mean by that is that si not a blind happiness but a willingness to understand and accept the world for what it is and not require extraneous things to be happy. This means that if you had no TV, no lights, no motor car, not a single luxury you would still feel content and full. It also means that you feel no guilt. Hence the practices the of baptism(which I am not baptized and never will be) and repenting. The practice of baptizing is meant to clean your soul and IMO largely symbolic. The practice of repenting is meant to bring closure to what you have done and good works can give you the feeling that you have done something good with your life. However if you only do this with an intent to get a top floor penthouse in Heaven you are not truly content. This also doesn't mean you can't enjoy the luxuries of today or enjooy games it just means that it shouldn't be the top priority of your life.Essentially this boils down to appreciating the gift of life.

superchunk said:
Belief in God (regardless of what you label yourself or your religion) and be a good moral person.

gamer112 said:
I believe one must repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ through faith as the Son of God. Believe in His virgin birth, his sacrificial death, and his glorious resurrection and believe in whole counsel of Gods Word. One must not only profess, but live and abide in Jesus Christ.

rudyrsr8 said:
Heaven i offered to all, it is a choice to go there or not, hell is a choice to be in to reject love and to be alone.

tuoyo said:
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

Thank you for making me think of that Louis CK standup with his thoughts on hell.

Paul said:
Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

After a lifetime of evil doing, you just have to accept Jesus Christ as saviour and ask for his forgiveness and forgive those who have wronged you. Simple enough. Sadam could be up there right now if he thought the right thoughts before they hung him.

On the other hand somebody who has done nothing but good their entire lives who happens to be any religion other than christianity is doomed to an eternity of hell fires.

It all makes perfect sense.

This is the original unabridge text taken from the Peshitta. I am not sure how the Koine version differs but I have always interpretted it as meaning that if you only come to know Jesus you get to know god. I take issue with a number of the translations but my understanding of Koine is pretty bad compared to aramaic.

to know the way we are able my Father to comes man no and the life and the truth the way also you would have known me if only

Yukhanan14:6

@kenzomatic

you missed mine on the first page.

Magnific0 said:
kazadoom said:
Magnific0 said:
@kazadoom

First of all you'd have to ask yourself , "do I have a SOUL ?" Every religious person asumes they have souls and after the physical body stops functioning (brain death) somehow this soul detaches itself from wherever it resides in you and travels to a "spiritual plane". When does this soul enters the physical body in first place? Is it when both reproduction cells unite? And where was this soul before inhabiting our earthly matter? Can we just asume it was created then and there too (at the union of the cells)?

The belief of Heaven and Hell also asumes the soul is eternal. But aren't eternal things those of which we know no beginning and end, like God? Are we supposed to asume our souls have existed since forever too?

About Hell. Eternal Damnation. So souls are indeed eternal, or so the Bible preaches. Isn't Hell the most sadistic invention imagined? Is that divine justice? Have anyone, the worst of the sinners of mankind history, -Adolf Hitler! comes inmediately to mind-, have anyone really been eternally evil to deserve eternal punishment? If that's the way God works, I'd rather believe there's no God.

Sorry, I missed this Magnific0.

The soul is created at conception and is created eternal at that time. We have a beginning and will not have an end except in our flesh. God has the power to create something to live forever just as he created the angels to live forever.

Hell is not sadistic because we all deserve it for sinning against a Holy God. What you fail to see is the mercy that He is offering you through His Son. If you reject that, then you have chosen Hell for yourself, God does not send anyone to Hell, people send themselves when they reject the free gift of salvation. God gave His Son's life for you and you have a choice to accept that or reject it so the choice is your and you will get the consequences of that choice.

1- That's is just your opinion, and I doubt you'll find any explanation for that in your Bible. There's really no way to tell. It seems to me very unlikely and far-fetched an eternal soul is created and the union of mortal, corrupted human cells. But that's what YOU WANT to believe.

2- I don't think I've sinned with my every breath and every second of my life. AND EVEN IF I HAVE and I get to live to be A HUNDRED being the WORST SINNER Earth will ever know, I doubt I deserve ETERNAL PUNISHMENT because I haven't been eternally evil. That's sadism, that's not befitting of an all-merciful God. If that's what you want to believe, so be it. I'd rather not exist anymore than to be thrown in this "Hell" alongside of the likes of Hitler, rapists, and other crazy fucks of history. Hell is just a sad invention to instill fear in people and I definitely think it makes your God look cruel and a sadist.

I asked "Where does a soul come from" to a couple of Christian I know and they didn't know and they chose not to answer rather than making up their own answer. Also, how does a soul accompany you in this world and yet not be subjected to the natural laws? How does it interact with us? How can our actions shape it? What is a soul exactly? What is it made of? What does it look like? Nobody knows. It's one of those very vague things.

Anyways, I don't see why God would give me freedom and then says I have to submit to him and follow his rules or else go to hell. 

kazadoom said:
stranne said:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

The sad thing is he is not imagining anymore and now knows the truth.  Imagining does not make things untrue no matter how hard you imagine.

Alright. I can no longer handle your threads Kazadoom...

I'm staying out of them from now on. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.