By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct November 12th Discussion thread

VGPolyglot said:

Why is everyone so surprised about DQ7&8? I thought that it had been known for months?

We did but people believed the PR cover up BS SE made afterward that they were only considering a western release.

Around the Network

Iwata would be proud of this Direct.

Nintendo delivered.

Highlights for me: No Golden Sun as expected. Bravely Second release window. Pokemon R/B/Y on e-shop. Fire Emblem Fates going to be stuck at that price for it's lifetime.

We saw two seconds of Zelda U!!

Also, seems like Nintendo repeared their relationship with SquareEnix; Dragon Quests, Final Fantasy, Bravely Second and DLC for Smash all in one Direct. Pretty good ND overall by the way, I'm satisfied.

Wow, both Dragon Quest VII and VIII are being localizad. That's great! Also, Cloud as a Smash fighter? Odd, but if that means more SE support in the future, I'm fine. This will advertise the FFVII nively.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well, that wasn't bad, was it? I'm eager to play the DQ games, and the Cloud appearance in Smash surprised me a lot. No one expected that, I'd guess xDDD. Pity we don't know anything about SMTxFE, and I was hoping to see a full remake of TP, not a remaster. But, hey, that Link Wolf amiibo is cool, isn't it?

EDIT: Also, the strong presence of SE in the Direct hints to great things to come. 

Around the Network

I'm going to cry DQVII & DQVIII for the 3DS!!!

My collection is going to look SO SWEET

DQIV, DQV, DQVI, DQVII, DQVIII & DQIX for DS/3DS!

Bofferbrauer said:
And a special Smash Bros Broadcast in december, nice

Must be the ballots results!

Overall an alright direct, covered most everything I expected!

That was a pretty good direct.

TPHD, new Splatoon maps, Lucas amiibo, Gold Mega Man amiibo, and Cloud in Smash are the highlights for me!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

But why FFVII? I don't get it... XP

I want Celes!!! Or Vivi!

Noticed that nearly every game has a special-limited-collectors-first-print-edition.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"