By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X is the biggest game of the year...

DakonBlackblade said:
Abun said:
I never understood all this hype for "big" worlds.I am more interested in what i can do in the game's world and how much interaction it has rather than the size.

Its devs megalomania nowadays, they make the world too big and them you have to keep repeating the same activity 8000 times, and exploring the same interior enviroments and killing the same monsters, jause cause they want to say theyre world is hughe, most of these games would be much better with smaler worlds.

I agree to an extent, but the previous Xenoblade's world felt diverse and enjoyable the whole way through (unlike, say Fallout 3, which had a lot of copy/pasting of structures to create the sense of a full world when a lot of buildings were basically identical to each other).

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
bigtakilla said:

Then it seems you're the one that has the problem.

Yup, as staff, I get an orange ( ! ) Icon up top when people report your posts for personal attacks, so it causes the problem of not knowing if something more important needs my attention.

Fortunately for you I ignore reports made on users directing personal attacks on me in threads I'm participating in.

Personal attacks, lol. I'd say more fortunately for me I've never personally attacked you.

bigtakilla said:

Personal attacks, lol. I'd say more fortunately for me I've never personally attacked you.

Here, I'll be nice and quote you the post that received the reports.

bigtakilla said:
Boberkun said:

Doesn't Tachikoma hates every pixel of Xenoblade? Your conversation is pointless in that case.

No, Tach loves the game. Tach is just incapable in most situations to post anything but bad things about it. It's just Tach.

Both are considered a personal attack, as both write off posts giving sarcastic and derogatory reasoning.

In your case, continuing to respond In a baiting and sarcastic manner, despite me going out if my way to ignore it and respond to you respectfully, does not help your plight, either.

Tachikoma said:
bigtakilla said:

Here, I'll be nice and quote you the post that received the reports.

bigtakilla said:
Boberkun said:

Doesn't Tachikoma hates every pixel of Xenoblade? Your conversation is pointless in that case.

No, Tach loves the game. Tach is just incapable in most situations to post anything but bad things about it. It's just Tach.

Both are considered a personal attack, as both write off posts giving sarcastic and derogatory reasoning.

In your case, continuing to respond In a baiting and sarcastic manner, despite me going out if my way to ignore it and respond to you respectfully, does not help your plight, either.

Wow... We consider that an attack, but not this?

"Sadly yours have too, so I can't really return the "nice chat" sentiment."

Lol, noted. 

bigtakilla said:

Lol, noted. 

You started off with a personal attack then spent every other reply being snarky and sarcastic, despite me responding respectfully, I suspected as much after the second response and thus, I cannot say it was a "good chat".

What's genuinely dissapointing is that even now, when I have both given you respectful responses and exercised restraint towards how the reports on your posts are handled, you still continue to respond in a snarky sarcastic manner.

You would do well to consider the possibility that just because I'm taking a hands off approach, does not mean other site staff will give you the same leeway.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
bigtakilla said:

Lol, noted. 

You started off with a personal attack then spent every other reply being snarky and sarcastic, despite me responding respectfully, I suspected as much after the second response and thus, I cannot say it was a "good chat".

What's genuinely dissapointing is that even now, when I have both given you respectful responses and exercised restraint towards how the reports on your posts are handled, you still continue to respond I'm a snarky sarcastic manner.

You would do well to consider the possibility that just because I'm taking a hands off approach, does not mean other site staff will give you the same leeway.

Well, let's just hope they do so fairly across the board. 

I'm kind of worried when you have a powerful skell, you may as well stay in it for the whole game.

midrange said:
Boberkun said:

*Sigh* Did you play it?

I intend to try once the pc version comes out (It'll be free and on stronger tech). However it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the game was very very far from perfect. Gameplay videos, reviews, and screenshots are things we can use to judge a game. 

Screenshots and gameplay are what I judged Xenogears on back in the day and dismissed it as "some too bad ass for himself 7eet azn dude fighting in robots action game".  This was coming from the disappointment after FF7 and the start of the earliest days of the decline of gaming into mainstream pop culture lowest common denominator appeal as well.

I played it during 7th gen for the first time and was blown away with the most incredible story I've ever experienced in any form of media.

Along the same lines I understand what todays "gamer market" wants.  They want guns, explosions, and call of duty.  So when I see a niche Japanese studio game getting boring crappy reviews, it's a must play for me.  It's probably good and one of those games that doesn't really get started until 40 hours at which point most reviewers and "gamers" would have given up in an hour even after skipping all the important story cut scenes and intros once they find out they cant just faceroll and blow everything up the moment they have control.

I dont care how big the world is or how bad ass the fighting is. I'm really concerned with the story after the devs said they focused more on action instead of story compared to XC.  Is this game going to make my neck hairs stand up or make me question human civilization and culture and life itself like Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade Chornicles did?

exdeath said:
midrange said:

I intend to try once the pc version comes out (It'll be free and on stronger tech). However it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the game was very very far from perfect. Gameplay videos, reviews, and screenshots are things we can use to judge a game. 

Screenshots and gameplay are what I judged Xenogears on back in the day and dismissed it as "some too bad ass for himself 7eet azn dude fighting in robots action game".  This was coming from the disappointment after FF7 and the start of the earliest days of the decline of gaming into mainstream pop culture lowest common denominator appeal as well.

I played it during 7th gen for the first time and was blown away with the most incredible story I've ever experienced in any form of media.

Along the same lines I understand what todays "gamer market" wants.  They want guns, explosions, and call of duty.  So when I see a niche Japanese studio game getting boring crappy reviews, it's a must play for me.  It's probably good and one of those games that doesn't really get started until 40 hours at which point most reviewers and "gamers" would have given up in an hour even after skipping all the important story cut scenes and intros once they find out they cant just faceroll and blow everything up the moment they have control.

I dont care how big the world is or how bad ass the fighting is. I'm really concerned with the story after the devs said they focused more on action instead of story compared to XC.  Is this game going to make my neck hairs stand up or make me question human civilization and culture and life itself like Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade Chornicles did?

lol we ended up going into devils third not xenoblade X.

It started with someone claiming that Nintendo games like Xeno X get judged harshly for being Nintendo exclusive. He mentioned Devil's third as another example. I responded by stating that people determined that D3 was just bad through screenshots, gameplay, and reviews, not because they were blindly hating on Nintendo.

I've played xenoblade chronicles, I know not to judge a book by its cover. I'm just tired of people thinking that there's a conspiracy against Nintendo and it's games. 

BraLoD said:
So much calculations and discussion going on.

Yet it's all going to waste when FFXV comes xP

Most def.

I guess XCX map is pretty big for a Wii-U game.