By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X is the biggest game of the year...

That is pretty damn big. I hope it will be packed with life. It's no use bragging about how big it is if it's mostly dead or just jam packaged with cannon fodder.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

300 hours wont be enough!

SpokenTruth said:
Rab said:
SpokenTruth said:

So a game that has a flat, repeating 2x2 texture extending forever should be included in the same conversation regarding landscapes that took years to manually sculpt by the developers?

Yes, then you can discuss how bad you think it is in comparison to handmade landscapes

Anyway what your saying doesnt make sense, so games like No Mans Sky cant be discussed in the company of other open world games, particularly factoids about it's relative map size? 

It's already implied in the debate.  Not that procedurally generated landscapes are bad in themselves as compared to but including them as a comparison is obviously pointless. 

The disclaimer that procedurally generated game worlds are not comparable is implied by default.  Otherwise, there would be no discussion and we know that.

Your still not making sense, the thread starts as a statement of XCX size by including and comparing it to other well-known open worlds, that is it, no arbitrary rule has been put into place to exclude other games by the OP that I'm aware of, not until yourself and one other decided we should have a rule about what we can talk about, a rule which appears to be needed to reinforce a particular view I might add, I think this is Confirmation bias at work, we are all guilty of it sometimes, it's pretty obvious when you see it from the outside though

SpokenTruth said:

You don't know what the word implied means, do you?

wow, done with you now